BTW, Marantz updated their website

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChrisWiggles, Nov 14, 2002.

1. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Marantz USA site updated with the new x300 line. Looks nice! There were a lot of folks round here asking for all sorts of specs, so they're up now. I found a few inconsistencies. It seems the european versions had detachable power cords but not the US? [​IMG] The 4300 on the european site supported HDCD decoding apparently, but not the us version, BUT the picture has the little HDCD logo. Strangely, the next couple in the series do NOT (apparently) have hdcd decoding. hmm.... Anywho, they've got manuals up too.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    WOW! I REALLY like the new rear panel layout (7300). MUCH cleaner, and simpler. The speaker connections alone are a big improvement. Can't wait until I can get a hold of a 7300 [​IMG]
    *edit - I just noticed the 5300 and 6300 do not share this new layout, while the 4300 uses a similar, linear layout.

3. Jaimin

Jaimin Stunt Coordinator

Besides the remotes and power ratings, what's the difference between the 4300, 5300, and 6300. I couldn't find any, but maybe I am not looking hard enough.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    As you said, you are not looking hard enough. The difference, as with basically all manufacturers, is mostly in power increase. There are also a few extra features, inputs, etc... here and there as you move up the line.

5. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Supporting Actor

Interesting that there now seems to be more of a difference between the 7300 and 6300 than there was between the previous generation - the 7300 has a deeper chasis, has a completely different back pannel layout, shares more features with the 8200 and is made in Japan. I couldn't justify going with the 7200 over the 6200, but this new model is very attractive...

6. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S

7. MWestyn

MWestyn Stunt Coordinator

I just ordered one and can't wait to get it...that being said, I noticed a couple other differences between the euro and US versions...

-chassis: Euro, silver / US, Black
    -power: Euro, 110w x 6ch / US, 105w x 6ch
    -there's some others I can't remember right now, sorry.

So why can't I get it in silver? I prefer that look.

And why a loss of 5w? AC difference?

Well either way, I have pretty good feeling I'll be a happy camper once mine arrives. (and the fact that it's made in Japan gives me some reassurance)