What's new

BTTF Trilogy for $20.40 (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
DeepDiscountDVD.com reports the BTTF Trilogy for $20.40.

Anyone know if these would have the v2.0 discs or are they unloading remaining stock of the defective discs.

I read (at the Bits I believe)that it was being re-released at a new, lower price with the v 2.0 discs.

Is this it?

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Well, after actually going to the site (I had to use another computer), I think my question is answered.

Since it's not going to be released until January 25, it must be the newer editions.

So much for purchasing it as a Christmas gift.:frowning:

Hector.B

Stunt Coordinator
Video Business online magazine is reporting that the BTTF Trilogy will be discontinued after this run in January.

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
June 6, 2005 is the date for this going OOP. There is a rumor that there is going to be a SE version at the end of the year of 2005.

Hector.B

Stunt Coordinator
There's no way I'm getting the Special Edition versions if they do come out later in 2005. It's just too close to the launch of HD-DVD and Blu-ray. I'm pretty happy with my Widescreen laserdiscs anyway.

Lloyd White

Stunt Coordinator
I've decided to only buy new stuff that would fully take advantage of High def dvd, when it comes out. Back the Future wouldn't qualify as it's an old movie.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Um. . .no current DVD will fully take advantage of hi-def! You'll have to wait for HD-DVD or Blu-Ray for that.
:)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Only really old movies shot on very low-resolution film wouldn't benefit from the resolution of DVD or HD. I'm talking like the dawn of film here, not 1985.

I just watched BTTF the other night and it's a nice-looking DVD. Maybe a little grainer than some are used to, but that's likely the way the film looked. If not, you can bet it will get a full digital restoration some day for the HD medium. Either way I'm happy to have my (corrected) set, and will gladly upgrade them to HD when that day comes.

The Star Wars Trilogy is older than BTFF and that didn't stop it from taking advantage of DVD. And you can bet it will look spiffy on HD as well. Hopefully, they'll correct all the new mistakes by then too.;)

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
It took Back to the Future 5 years to come out on DVD. If the same goes for HD, it might not be available until 2010:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks