BTTF R4: two different packings?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Roland Wandinger, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Roland Wandinger

Roland Wandinger Stunt Coordinator

I was traveling around Australia last month and of course I had to checkout more or less every DVD store I walked/drove by.

I noticed that the Back To The Future Trilogy is now available in a different packing than the one I have. I got my R4 copy from EZYDvd.com when the trilogy was released originally and also with the incorrect framing.

The trilogy is now available in a packing that looks basically like a single DVD case. Are these the same DVDs a previously released and just in a new box or are these by any chance the corrected versions with the proper framing.

I think someone here on the forum mentioned that the corrected versions were on sale in Australia?

2. BenjaminG

BenjaminG Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, Universal released the movies in a ridiculously single case with the discs presumably stacked on each other, God knows why they did that. I DONT reccommend getting that version!
    I dont know if the corrected versions have made their way onto store shelves yet, but I have received mine Universal from when I mailed them back.

Hope that helps!

Ben

3. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

There have been THREE different types of packaging.

First, there was the fold-out packaging with cardboard backing.

Second, the package described above, the width of a standard DVD case, but with an extra large hub on which all three discs go. Awful idea, and as was said above,

4. Mark_Paul

Mark_Paul Agent

That third type of case sounds good. Is that standard now? I may get that. Any pics?

5. YANG

YANG Second Unit

I had bought the digipak version several months back,unfortunately its the framing problem issue...i can't exchange...cos in singapore?

6. Roland Wandinger

[​IMG]

7. Roland Wandinger

8. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

I bought the digipak version when I noticed the crappy single keepcase version was replacing them in stores... the replacement one looks incredibly cheap and nasty. This was in stores before the reframed versions were available for exchange, so it's highly unlikely they are the corrected version.