BTTF ending?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by stephen^wilson, Dec 6, 2002.

1. stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson Stunt Coordinator

Just received my copy of the Back To The Future trilogy today and noticed that the first film doesn't say TO BE CONTINUED after the delorean flys toward the screen in the last shot of the movie.I haven't looked at part 2 yet to see if it still says TO BE CONCLUDED.Does anyone know if the first movie had the TBC on its initial release or was it added when they started to discuss a sequel.I only know that i've never seen it without this.

2. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

It was added for the home video release. This is stated by Bob Gale himself on the commentary (Q&A session) track on the disc.

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I started a LOOONNNNGGG discussion about this on alt.video.laserdisc a while ago- the first release in theatres did NOT have the "To Be Continued" but it was added on all video versions. Since I'm extremely anal about this kind of thing, I did not buy the laserdisc because of this. The end of Part II was also altered as it said Part 3 was "Coming this summer" or something like that, but that tag was omitted on the LD.
    This is good news; I'll buy the DVD set if they're the same as the theatrical versions.

4. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

5. stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson Stunt Coordinator

That clears that up then.thanx

6. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

7. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Yes it does (I said I was anal!)
    Didn't buy the Star Wars movies on LD because of the subtitles moved below the picture, or the newer movies because of the added scenes either.

8. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

robert zemeckis talks about this as well in the commentary and why there is also a different actress for Jennifer in the sequels
    [​IMG]

9. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

I believe that's somewhat beyond anal. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

10. Declan

Declan Second Unit

The actress who played jennifer in BTF1 was not in 2 or 3 (Elizabeth Shue took over) because a family member died and she did'nt go back into acting after that. Well thats what I read anyway.

yeah and can somebody give me a link to alt.video.laserdisc as what comes up does'nt seem to be a message board at all. It goes to alt.video.dvd instead and is just a series of FAQ.

11. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I'm still amazed at how many people don't know what a newsgroup is and have never even heard the term USENET.
    Declan- do a websearch for newsgroup, or download a reader (like Agent from Forte for example) and start exploring.
    "Newsgroups are part of the Usenet system. Usenet is a world-wide system whereby text on various subjects is copied all over the internet, and each internet site which participates keeps a copy of the subject areas it wants. Usenet is not like a web page, which generally exists in just one place, defined by its URL; it is copied to many locations around the world. This means that you can always access a copy which is fairly close to you, which is fast because you don't have to go through congested international network links.
    Usenet is divided up into several thousand subject groups called newsgroups; alt.video.laserdisc is one of these. Each newsgroup acts rather like a bulletin board; each user can post messages to it, which in Usenet are called news articles. These are then propagated around the world for other people to see, and perhaps to reply to, either by e-mail or by posting a follow-up article to the newsgroup."

http://serf.org/jon/soc.bi/faq/usenet.html
    "What is a Newsgroup?
    A newsgroup is a discussion that takes place online, devoted to a particular topic. The discussion takes the form of electronic messages called "postings" that anyone with a newsreader (standard with most browsers) can post or read. There are over 10,000 newsgroups in existence, covering every imaginable topic. To find one that interests you, check out deja.com, a specialized database just for searching newsgroups.
    Joining a newsgroup for research purposes can be tricky. Particularly contentious topics such as religion, gun control, animal rights, the death penalty, or race relations prompt postings full of biased opinion, misinformation, rumor, and general rantings and ravings. The best strategy is to read or "lurk" on a newsgroup first to get a sense of the credibility of the participants. If someone posts a particularly "expert-sounding" message with information you want to use, you might want to send him or her a private email asking about his or her credentials. Then try to verify those credentials, along with the piece of information, using a second source."

http://www.classzone.com/research/pa...sics/res13.htm
    See also:
    http://help.mindspring.com/docs/002/.../CHDEFIFJ.php3
    http://email.ucdavis.edu/newsgroups/newsgroup_def.html
    http://college.hmco.com/instructors/...newsgroup.html
    There is more to the internet than the WEB- there are several other elements including a whole complicated labrynth of message forums called the newsgroups. alt.video.laserdisc is one of tens of thousand newsgroups.
    -Vince

12. Declan

Declan Second Unit

Cheers Vince,
    but to be honest i'm even more confused than before. I did a search and got this:
    http://www.cs.uu.nl/wais/html/na-bng...laserdisc.html
    all that came up was a FAQ for DVD. what am i doing wrong.
    Sorry if i sound a bit thick, but I DID think that a newsgroup was a message board. You say that anyone in the world can view this..............well is'nt that whats the internet is for? Viewing stuff in different parts of the World.......or am i just way off base here.

13. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

You can also search newsgroups through http://www.google.com
    Anyone know if the teaser for part 3 at the end of Part 2 is the same as it was in theatres (with the "Coming" tag, not just "Back to the Future Part III"?)

14. KevinHurley

KevinHurley Auditioning

Declan,
    If you want a free web-based way to read Usenet newsgroups, use groups.google.com.
    Edit: I was beaten to the punch.

15. Declan

Declan Second Unit

Hey i'm in business, cheers guys. Jesus theres a serious amount of topics you can look at.
    alt.wankers..............dont wanna know[​IMG]