What's new

Bryston; Video switching hurts audio (1 Viewer)

RichardMA

Second Unit
I read the blurb by them on their 1.7 surround preamp
and they say they do not include video switching because
as the frequency goes higher with video, it degrades the
quality of the audio of the preamp. They do have an outboard unit to handle this. I'm wondering if a receiver
or preamp with the ability to switch say, an HDTV signal at full bandwidth is really degraded (sonically) by it?

Patrick Williams

Stunt Coordinator
I tend to believe high freq. video signals near the audio do affect it, although I have no proof of it. I think besides this there were other reeasons Bryston choose not to include video switching - as you say, they have a seperate video switcher. Also, many people prefer to run their video direct to the monitor - many monitors today have ample video inputs for home theater systems.

Remember the Bryston has a 20 year warranty, and I have spoken to them regarding their commitment to the SP-1/SP-1.7 platform. They claim they are commited to upgrading it to meet future technology, and I think that is easier accomplished due to the lack of video switching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks