What's new

Bryston Amps (1 Viewer)

HughScot

Grip
I am using a pair of Bryston 7BST mono amps. for driving my two L/R Mirage M1s. I would like to know what other people who use these think of them and if they have had any problems.

Hugh Campbell

Yogi

Screenwriter
Bryston is highly rated and built like a tank. So you should not have any problems driving any kinds of loads with it.

Enjoy your toys.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I’m not much on high-end electronics, but Bryston is one brand I’d kill for. Sleep peacefully, Hugh – you’re too far away for me to get to you. :D

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Terry St

Second Unit
I'm using a 9BST. Five 7BST's would be about the only thing I'd consider replacing it with. :D

Levesque

Supporting Actor
I'm using a Bryston 4BSST to power my main speakers, and it's one of the best buy I've made!

Build like a tank, impossible to clip, no distortion at any listening level, awesome resolution of details, no hum ( compare to my Rotel RMB-1095 that was humming and hissing like a refrigerator...), dead silent in quiet parts of films. Can't hear a hiss or hum from 1/2 inche of the speakers!

For the price I've paid, the 4BSST is a steal. The quality and sound you get from Bryston at this price point is impossible to beat!

And 20 year of warranty, that's a statement!

Joe Casey

Stunt Coordinator
Before biamping my Magnepan 3.6/R's, I was able to clip the 7B-ST's, usually on bass heavy music. I still use them and love them.

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
Hugh I think those amps are awful and you should dump them. Because I'm a nice guy, I'll arrange disposal for you. Just let me know when/where to pick them up. :D

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'll give you $10 more than Dave will:)

I owned a Bryston 2B many years ago. It's fascinating to know that if I still owned it, it would still be under warrantee!

I have never understood why companies, especially Japanese companies, don't offer extended and transferrable warranties. Can't they understand how peoples' opinion of their equipment would change for the better? It's a way of showing confidence in their engineering and manufacturing - people will respond with increased sales. Instead they offer a 1 or 2 year warrantee which becomes void if the equipment is sold. Not too bright.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I am picking up a 6BSST Sunday to replace a Proceed HPA3. They are built great (I have the SP 1.7 Pre/Pro), have a great warranty and the company is great on customer service. I've actually heard stories of them fixing am amp fried by lightning. I don't know of any co. in any industry that gives a 20 yr. warranty and stands behind it like they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks