Bryston 4b with preamp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by AlexKunec, Sep 21, 2003.

1. AlexKunec

AlexKunec Stunt Coordinator

i recently bought a bryston 4b nrb i dont have a preamp yet. I hooked my soundcard (m-audio revolution 7.1) directly to my amp. When my soundcard is turned up all the way (there is no volume control on the bryston) the amp isnt putting out nearly what it is capable of. I asked a friend if i needed a preamp and he said the a preamp will only attenuate the signal, so it wouldnt help. What do u guys think?

Im running adire he 10.1s off it.

2. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

the pre amp should bump up the signal, from line in to a useable level for the pre-amp, do you know if there is a sensitivity control on the amp? or some jumpers that you have to solder? i had to do that with my crown and now it is plenty loud with just line in. but i will have to remove them when i get my Crown IC 150 (should be in monday) [​IMG]

3. Dan Pawlowski

Dan Pawlowski Stunt Coordinator

Sound cards usually put out "line level". Bryston 4bs have two gain controls on the front. A mini flat head screw driver will work to adjust them.

4. AlexKunec

AlexKunec Stunt Coordinator

There is no gain control on the front. This is the bryston 4b nrb and was manufactured 10 years ago.