Bryan Singer's PUBLIC ACCESS

Discussion in 'DVD' started by PaulP, May 17, 2004.

1. PaulP

PaulP Producer

It's coming out from Vanguard Cinema on 7/27: http://www.vanguardcinema.com/publicaccess.html - anyone know of this company? They're promising extras, but there's no information about the disc whatsoever. I always wanted to see this, but was waiting for a better version than that which was available. Here's hoping this is it.

2. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

I'm curious, too. I'm willing to make a blind buy in this case due to the strength of Singer's four other movies. Even if it's disappointing I'd still have the complete Singer collection.

3. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

Vanguard has done a lot of DVDs, a lot of smaller, independent stuff. They are pretty good.

As for the film, oy!! I remember renting it back in the VHS days, seeing it on the new release wall (before USUAL SUSPECTS) and just thinking what an awful film it was. Pretentious, dull, it always stood out as one of the worst blind rentals I've ever had.

But then again, I've never been much of a fan of Singer's later films. They were all better than ACCESS, but he isn't a fave of mine.

4. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

I bought Public Access for one dollar for a used VHS copy. yep, the movie sucked.

5. AlbertAgullo

AlbertAgullo Agent

I disagree!

As far as I remember it's a fascinating and shocking film...