Brute Force screens

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron Copeland, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron
    One of the mods over on IGN has posted some new Brute Force screens to his site:
    Brute Force
    They look pretty good. Nothing overly spectacular, but still good. He said he spent the day at Digital Anvil studios and got to play the latest build of the game. He didn't have time tonight, but said he will answer questions about the gameplay tomorrow (err...today now...whatever).

2. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

If this is what the game is going to look like, instead of what we have been shown in shots before, i consider it to be the scam of the decade.
    When the first pictures showed up, i noted in a thread here that those picture are most certainly not in-game, and that i expect no anti-aliasing (instead of the at least 4x4, more likely 16x16 AA in those pics), and one step down in tesselation level.
    If the pictures above are now an indication of what the game does indeed look like, then the tesselation is not down by 1, but rather several steps. Read, the poly count of the models (and the surroundings) are only a small fraction of the original shots.
    The pixel shaders on surfaces seem have been changed as well. Everything looks flat and ambient.
    The older pics showed not only shadows, but also self-shadowing. In some of the new pics, e.g. 11, there aren't any shadows at all.
    The wood, tree/leave, ground textures look completely flat and dull now.
    I have/had REALLY high expectations for this game. I hope this is either just a glitch in the matrix, or these are the first realtime shots of a really really early build of their engine, which is going to improve a lot until the final build, to at least somewhat approach the older pics.
    These musing on the graphics don't mean that this game might not be the most amazing game otherwise, mind you.
    I am simply sick how early screenshots try to deceive consumers.

3. Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon Second Unit

Man, these don't look even HALF as good as every other shot I've previously seen from this game -- disheartening, to say the least.

4. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Heres the full impressions from the MOD on the site on how the game looks, runs and plays. Allot of posters had the same thing to say about the graphics so read on and enjoy:

5. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Ditto what Bjoern said.