1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN on SACD @ HMV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derek Borowka, May 9, 2002.

1. Derek Borowka

I just noticed that www.hmv.com has the above title as released on SACD as of May 7th (regular CD released 2001/04/03) for $38.16
    Search under artist name and you'll see that the Live in New York City 2 disk album is available on CD/DVD/SACD/LP
    Bubba67

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Derek, I believe I saw your post about this on Audio Asylum. As was said there, hmv.com's information is incorrect. Sony had announced the release of the Springsteen live album on SACD last year, but it never happened.

3. Derek Borowka

It very may be true. The HMV website doesn't state whether they have it in stock. However, they only post SACDs on their website once they have been released (at least that's how they've done it till now) and they showed a date last week. I was just passing the info seen on their website.

Derek

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Derek, I agree that hmv.com is usually accurate with its SACD listings, but they got this one wrong. I have seen phantom SACDs on Tower Records' web site before too. It sucks when they get our hopes up like this. [​IMG]