What's new

Bruce Springsteen *Live in New York City* SACD in stock at Elusive Disc. (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Www.elusivedisc.com has the Bruce Springsteen Live in New York City SACD in stock for $34.99. It's a two-disc set with stereo and multi-channel SACD tracks.
I'd like to see it a bit cheaper. Besides that, the track listing isn't that impressive to me. But, it is Springsteen on SACD.

Michael_T

Second Unit
I picked this up at Coconuts in Totowa, NJ tonight, and listened to the first seven tracks in MCH. The sonics are nothing to write home about, but the MCH mix puts the audience aggressively all around you, with the music firmly planted in the front 3 speakers. Rears are also used for ambience so that you "think" you are in Madison Square Garden. Too bad the sonics aren't much better, if at all, than what is on the redbook CD release of this same album.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Michael, thanks for the mini-review. I guess I am not surprised by the lackluster sonics. I find many live albums to be lacking in the sound-quality department. The Roger Waters and Concert for New York City live albums aren't anything special on SACD. The SACDs are better than the corresponding CDs, but they still aren't great sonically.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Keith, I agree with the set list. I didn't purchase this album simply because "Thunder Road" isn't on there. I'm far from a huge Springsteen fan, so when a concert disk is released that fails to include arguably his biggest hit and my favorite Bruce track, I become disenchanted and decided to at least wait for the word of mouth before purchasing.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Keith, I got the Elusive e-mail 2-day too. I won't buy it because my favourite Springsteen song is, of all things, PINK CADILLAC. I like THUNDER ROAD too... I'm a very lukewarm Springsten fan. The Roger Waters album is a dud IMO too. The best live SACD's I've heard are Tower Of Power and Di Meola/Mclaughlin/de Lucia. They both have some bite.

Thanks for the review Michael. I'm saving my money for a couple of Creedence and Stones SACD's. Best wishes cats!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Rachael, I still need to pick up the DiMeola et al. SACD. I have the remastered CD, and the sound quality is excellent. I can only imagine how good the SACD sounds.

As for Springsteen, I am a casual fan. I would have liked to see some more old stuff on the live set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks