Bruce Springsteen in Concert (HDTV) - CBS, 2/28/03 9PM ET/PT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay W, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

2. KevinJ

KevinJ Supporting Actor

i watched this show[i don't have HDTV though]and i'd say it was pretty good

3. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo

John Dhein
    I watched, in HD, and I think "pretty good" is a huge understatement. The picture quality was incredible. I thought I was there. The only bitch I had was that someone (CBS, the recording engineers, or my cable company) seemed to be cutting the sound levels. I could not get it as loud as I would have liked. I've never had that problem before.

4. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

Watching through my Time Warner HD box, I was not too impressed, especially with the sound quality.

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    sound was only ok. especially compared to the grammys the other night.

also in philly on the comcast dig cable the picture went all crazy for about 3 minutes with it cutting on and off and turning green.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Caught half of it last night. What's ironic is that Bruce was playing live in my neighborhood just 10 miles away last night in Gwinnett County (a suburb northeast of Atlanta). I guess the 1 hour CBS special was as much Bruce as I was going to see last night. [​IMG] I wished it was 2 hours long because I could have done without the "48 Hours" show that followed it.

7. Nick_G

Nick_G Stunt Coordinator

as is usually the case, Springsteen bored me within the first 15 minutes of the concert so i turned it off.

so before i get flamed for not worshiping at the feet of the boss, just remember...everyone has there own likes and dislikes in music. i just happen not to particularly care for Springsteen and his over the top vein popping screaming nor do i find his mellower tunes so enthralling that i must analyze every nuance of his lyrics.

i always try to give him the benefit of the doubt when he appears in concert on tv, but like i said...i usually end up bored.

carry on.

8. Michael Silla

Michael Silla Second Unit

Our CBS affiliate here in Salt Lake didn't bother flipping the HD switch. No worries, I'm not a huge Springsteen fan either.

Michael.

9. KevinYee

KevinYee Stunt Coordinator

Picture Quality was not that great. The HBO broadcast awhile ago was far better than this one. And there was something strange about the video itself, it just didn't seem to "flow" correctly. It looked strange in a way, don't know how to explain it. But any HD is always good.

10. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I was not that impressed with the video quality of this HD broadcast. It almost looked like something that was upconverted to HD. I think the DVD of the HBO concert at Madison Square Garden looks better on my setup (I never saw the HBO concert in HD). Also, I'm not sure if it was just my local CBS affiliate, but the audio was out of synch with the video. It was very pronounced on the first two songs, then it appeared that someone made an adjustment (the video and audio blipped a couple of times, but I did not lose reception). After that, the audio was only slightly ahead of the video for the rest of the show.

11. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

yeah, i don't have hdtv, and only watched it on tape the next day, but i had several audio blips, or slight dropouts, on my videotape. wasn't sure if it was the tape or the broadcast.