What's new

Bruce Lee's Game of Death -- deleted scenes (1 Viewer)

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
Well after seeing this, I'm all confused. First of all, the additional scenes are great but it would change the storyline completely if they're incorporated into the movie. The whole bits about "The game is over" is new to me.
Second, the music? I have the original soundtrack to John Barry's music to Game of Death. The soundtrack and the movie as I remembered it didn't sound like those with the clips. However, I did hear near the end of the fight that did indeed incorporate John Barry's theme. So did they redo the soundtrack plugging in John Barry's theme occasionally. I didn't like most of the disco feel to it while Bruce was fighting with Karem.
Of course we never know how Bruce Lee would have wanted to finish this movie. In my opinion, the clips are more true to his vision. Game of Death is a good movie if you skip the rest of the fake Bruce Lee scenes. They were just horrible! How about if someone one day go back and use CGI to fix some of those ridiculous scenes. Ouch, the worst one was that paper cutout of Bruce Lee placed over the body of the double. That part got to be the worst special effect in film history!

chris larralde

Stunt Coordinator
James Nguyen,
Those flash files are outrageous! :)
I can't read the text ... are there any others like that?
chris

Garry I

Stunt Coordinator
I am definately getting the HKL GOD, but what about Warriors Journey. Is that worth getting too? It just got released in r4 on 24th sept. Is there anything on it and the artport jap version that is not on the HKL disc

Garry Cowell

Stunt Coordinator
Don't forget the first floor...
Link Removed
BTW the clips seem to be from the Japanese release by Artport entitled G.O.D.
They'll most likely be similiar on the HKL disc (as Bey Logan dubbed the Artport version and is involved with HKL)
Warrior's Journey has different music and dubbing.
[Edited last by Garry Cowell on September 28, 2001 at 10:57 AM]

Garry I

Stunt Coordinator
Chris, UK HKL GOD was initially to be released on 22nd Oct, but brought forward due to commercial reasons.
If you don't believe me go to www.hongkonglegends.com
and scroll down and you will see the statement.
Garry, are you saying that the HKL GOD has that same rock music as the Japanese artport version? I dont think the rock music is on the "Bruce Lee- A warriors Journey" BTW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks