Bruce Lee: The Master Collection?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Paul Arnette, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

Hi all.

I tried doing a search to answer this question, but I was surprised to find how difficult it was to do so. As a result, I figured I would just ask the question directly in a new thread.

www.dvdpricesearch.com has two separate listings for the Bruce Lee: The Master Collection DVD box set from Fox.

Bruce Lee: The Master Collection (Box Set)

and

Bruce Lee: The Master Collection (New)

The first is listed as non-anamorphic, while the second is listed as anamorphic.

Am I to understand that these have all been remastered? If so, how do they look.

www.dvdempire.com has the set available for pre-order on 10/14/2003 for $26.79, which sounds like a really great deal if they are major improvements over the original release.

Many thanks in advance.

2. Chuck West

Chuck West Stunt Coordinator

I have the original set, and I've heard nothing of a new set with new anamorphic transfers.
    Anyone?

3. Matt_Marlow

Matt_Marlow Stunt Coordinator

I'm interested in this too, as I also own the original set.

4. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

DVDEmpire seems to be the only ones with information on it. Of course, I won't touch it unless it has the OSL this time, which I doubt. So I'll just stick with the HK imports, no bad english dubs for me.

Chris

5. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I have the original set as well.

They later released the movies individually, but I havent heard anything about these films being Anamorphic in Region 1.