What's new

Bruce Lee movies (1 Viewer)

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Are there any Bruce Lee movies that are not dubbed in English? I'm looking for any movies of his that just have the English subtitles. I want to hear him speak!
thanks

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
He lived in Oakland, California - I've heard him speak English many times.
I'm pretty sure that his part in Enter the Dragon in English was voiced by him. There are certainly plenty of places in the documentaries and interviews on that fine DVD that has him speaking directly in English.
If you want to get the Hong Kong versions of his earlier films, you can get them with significant discounts and good customer service from www.dddhouse.com which is in Hong Kong. Just look for the Bruce Lee section.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Ken's right — no dubbing in Enter The Dragon. Ironically, I heard he was dubbed in all the other ones — in Cantonese, so there's no guarantee that it's him speaking in those HK DVD editions.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Most of the HK Legends DVD's have original Cantonese from what I hear. Also, another source of info about Bruce:
www.jkd.com
or www.blef.com
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
Actually, they did dub Kien Shih's (Han) voice. And they probably dubbed that extra scene with the shaolin monk. And maybe some of the other minor chinese actors but other than that, its in original voices (esp Bruce's).
Unfortunately, most of his pre Enter the Dragon movies are all recorded silent and then dubbed in whatever language. The Cantonese ones don't even have Bruce's original voice. Oddly enough though, Bruce has given his voice to dub some minor roles in some of the english dubs. Like in Fist of Fury, Bruce Dubs the Russian fighter. And Bruce may have dubbed a line or two of the boss in Way of the Dragon.
But if you want to some dvds of bruce's movies in cantonese, Hong Kong Legend's dvds are good. But if you're not R2 PAL compatable, go with the Asian imports from places like www.dddhouse.com. I highly recommend the Fist of Fury DTS DVD.
[Edited last by James_M on August 18, 2001 at 07:48 PM]
[Edited last by James_M on August 18, 2001 at 07:50 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks