What's new

Bruce Lee (Long Street) (1 Viewer)

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
I recently downloaded a 30 second clip of Bruce Lee talking to an older white man in a suit. They are discussing different fighting techniques. Bruce Lee says, "In Cantonese, Jeet Kun Do, the way of the intercepting fist". I can't seem to figure out where this clip is from and it's driving me crazy! PLease help!

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Brian,
Sounds like the additional bonus material on the Enter The Dragon" DVD.
I'll check it out and let you know.
Troy

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious, why did you include the reference to Longstreet in the title of your thread?

Do you think that the clip is from the old James Franciscus television series?

Just wondering.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
I downloaded the clip and it was titled "Bruce Lee - Long Street". It's not behind the scenes footage or anything, it's definitely from a filmed TV or movie presentation as it seems to me. Does that help?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was a fan of Longstreet and Bruce Lee had a role on the series as Longstreet's self defense instructor. I'll never forget Lee's first appearance on the show when Longstreet was being attacked by some guys and Bruce kicked ass.

Crawdaddy

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
So this was from a TV series called Longstreet? Can you offer me any more information regarding Bruce Lee's significance in the show? thanks

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
Bruce was in the first show of longstreet, I believe, and it got the attention of many americans. From then on, he had only a reoccuring role as the instructor in a few episodes, but nothing really big. American TV producers had trouble excepting a Chinese leading man.
However, if what you are refering to is Bruce being interviewed by a gentlemen in the suit. It is from what is now called the "Lost Interview." A full transcript of that interview can be found in the book "Bruce Lee: In His Own Words."
Hope that helps!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks