Bruce Lee in DTS- Legit HK disc!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

DDDHouse.com, who only deals in legit Hong Kong releases has Fist of Fury(Chinese Connection) in DTS. The disc features a DTS 5.1 Cantonese track, and a DD 5.1 Mandarin track, as well as English subs. It is all region/NTSC, and being distributed by MegaStar. It came out last year and is priced at $31US ($240HK)
    It is widescreen, but not anamorphic, and has a bunch of extras, at least some of which are in English. It also comes with a poster and a little pair of nunchucks.
    http://www.dddhouse.com/cgi-local/pr...category_id=26
    Reviews-http://www.asiandvdguide.com/title.cfm?CurrentPage=4&l=F&n=1#
    Jeff Kleist

2. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    Yeah, the DTS version of Fist Of Fury is the best version around. Great extras, nice transfer and most important....the original language instead of that dub-only crap we got from Fox!
    Jeff

3. chris larralde

chris larralde Stunt Coordinator

Any chances of a US release that will include an anamorphic transfer?

4. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

The Hong Kong/Media Asia Bruce Lee releases cannot even touch the Region 2 16x9 releases by Hong Kong Legends.
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Maybe, but This is a pretty good set if you ask me, since it's NTSC/All region I'd just say go for it

6. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins

7. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

OK.
    For R1 - FOX has the best picture. Too bad it's dubbed.
    For R2 - HKL is the way to go.
    For R0 - The DTS version is best region-free version if you can't play the HKL disc.
    One thing, the DTS version comes in a nice collectors box and the ones I got came with a 3" VCD with a cool MTV video by an HK band on it and came with a sweet poster with silver foil lettering. These might not come with yours but at least you'll get some fully functional -albeit minature nunchakus!!!!!!!!!!-
    Even in DTS this version doesn't sound that good, so don't expect U-571 or anything like that.
    As I posted in another forum:
    The previous 3 Game Of Death outtakes are present on this DTS version but they decided to stick them in the "Secret Area" along with a Photo Gallery of Bruce (mostly stills).
    The "Secret Area" code is 1127. Type it on your remote when you are in the Bonus Section.
    Punch in 1127 and the "Secret Area" will appear at the bottom of the list. Then select it as you would the other menu items.

8. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

Thanks for the 1127 info!!! That was Bruce's birthday (11/27/1940), so I think that's pretty clever.
    So, if I'm reading this right, the DTS version is better than the FOX version I own right now? Besides the DTS, which I respect, is the video as good or better? Also, for those that don't know, there is a documentary coming out based on Game of Death, called "A Warrior's Journey", that has ALL the deleted footage that was salvageable. It's releasing overseas in October, I believe, although it was produced here by the Bruce Lee Educational Foundation (www.blef.com)
    Matt
    ------------------
    "And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

9. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins

10. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Also, there is a new Bruce Lee Documentary R0 release from I believe Widesight Entertainment. There is no english name for it. No english subs, but I'll probably pick it up for the heck of it.
    I agree with Jeff. The superb video on the FOX release doesn't compensate for the dub so if you can't R2 then get the DTS Box Set.

11. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Category: Documentary
    Video Format: DVD
    Language: Cantonese, Mandarin
    Subtitle: Chinese
    Production Year: 2001-08
    System Format: NTSC
    Area Code: ALL
    Price probably no more than USD$5-6