Bruce Campbell's 'IF CHINS COULD KILL...', a great movie? What do you think?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I am now halfway through his autobiography, and think it's the most entertaining thing i've read in awhile! The man is my kind of guy, laidback, takes things with a grin, and has quite a way of making anything sound funny with his use of words, I laughed outloud countless times already. Boy, the hell on Earth he, Sam Raimi and co. went through to make 'Evil Dead'! [​IMG] I'll never watch that film the same way again, I have whole new appreciation for it.
    My point here though is this, while I was reading, it struck me on many occasions that this would make a very good spoof/biography ala Jean Shepards 'In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash' or the film version 'A Christmas Story'. Just reading his exploits with his younger brother Don when they were kids could alone fill a 2 hour movie with Bruce narrating of course. I really think this could work as a film, problem is, who would Bruce make it for? Many people don't even know who the hell he is, let alone going to see a movie about him. Shame too.
    It was just a thought, just something I thought about off the top of my head as I was reading his exploits. I gotta run now, i'm at the part where that lady sold him a piece of shit car for $150.00! [​IMG]

2. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

John, I thought that was one of the best books I read in a long time. I would love to see a movie if they made one, but I can't see too many people daring enough to do it. Oh well, I'm still surprised they even published the book. Damn glad they did.

3. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Yes, a thoroughly entertaining autobiography (which I'd always thought to be a contradiction in terms).
    Would it make a good film? I dunno... But get Sam Raimi to direct, and have Bruce play himself aged 10... hilarity ensues! [​IMG]

4. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

This is one of the best books I've ever read (considering some of the more awfuls ones I've read *cough*The Awakening*cough*). It's light-hearted, doesn't take it self too seriously, and signed by the man himself!!!