Brown Water - What to Do?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by WillG, Jan 24, 2006.

1. WillG

WillG Producer

Lately I have been noticing that the water in my condo has a slightly brown at certain times (I have usually noticed the water in the toilet has been this way) Yesterday, as I filled my Brita pitcher, I noticed the water coming out of the faucet was pretty noticably tinted as well. I looked around online and it seems that the most likely explanation is a decrease in water pressure has allowed sediment to loosen in the pipes. Is there anyone else here who has had this problem and if so what did you do to remedy it. Also, does anyone know how I can get my water pressure back to normal again.

2. aaron campbell

aaron campbell Second Unit

Hi Will, If the city is flushing your fire hydrants you will have this. You might want to call the city to ask.

3. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    I take it you have old galvanized pipe. The remedy unfortunately for this is to re-pipe the place with copper pipe. I did this a few years ago, and ever since I've had much improved water pressure and clarity.

4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

The last thing you want to hear is "sludge".MUST....CONTROL....COMMENTS....[​IMG]

5. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Well I wish they had filters for toilet water. I don't want my dump hitting no nasty water, yuk!

6. WillG

WillG Producer

No we do have copper for our main and supply lines. We have PVC for other things. However, when I got home from work yesterday, I ran all our faucets for about 5-10 minutes and flushed our toilets a few times and it seems to have improved things. I'll have to check it out more later to see if the water has stayed clean.