Brown Jacketed Speaker Wire?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jon_Welker, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

Anybody know where I can acquire soem brown jacketed speaker wire? I've searched some of the usual sites like partsexpress.com, but came up short. I'm toying with the idea of using some brown lamp cord at 16 ga. It's for about an 8' run for some small Mordaunt-Short speakers powered by a Yamaha 1400 at my dad's house. Needs something that will blend better with the entertainment center than the white jacketed cable. Thanks in advance.

2. Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein Stunt Coordinator

lamp cord is fine. the bigger, the better, for long runs. i ended up using 12 ga stranded THHN, red and black, 'cause of the price (free!).

ag.

3. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

Andy, thanks for the response. I did pick up some 16 ga lamp cord at Lowe's earlier today. I'm planning on hooking it up to his system tomorrow night. Take care out there in VA. BTW, I was out in that area 2 summers ago at the Kingsmill Resort for about a week. Had a great time.

4. Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein Stunt Coordinator

i used to launch my boat from the kingsmill marina. very nice place to visit, but i wouldnt want to live there. way too many restrictions. you cant even keep a boat in your driveway! gotta be inside, or in the marina. yadda, yadda..... but a very nice place.

ag.