Brotherhood Of Wolves

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rhett_Y, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Has anybody heard the official release date for this movie? I heard the month of June....It is now June and still nothing...>AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH This is killing me [​IMG]
    Thanks
    R~

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Are you talking about the Brotherhood of the Wolf DVD?

3. Mike_S

Mike_S Stunt Coordinator

I think that's the title he has in mind. VERY entertaining movie. They have a lavish 3 disc special edition in Europe. The package in which the Discs are found is made to appear to look like an old book. I also heard of a possible June DVD release. -Mike

4. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Mmmm.....Tasty, lavish 3-disc sets! I'm hoping America gets a simpilar set-up w/ french DTS 5.1, extras disc, and audio-score cd. The leatherette box would also be nice, But I'll sacrifice for english subtitles [​IMG]

5. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

That's the one...Has anybody heard of a date for it's release?

I to, hope we get a nice looking set like our frineds over seas!

R~

6. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Anyword yet???? Somebody, anybody...lol..

Thanks
    R~

7. Heinz W

Heinz W Second Unit

According to www.digitalbits.com it is tentatively scheduled for a June 25 release. Only a few weeks! [​IMG]

8. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Whatever this film's release date will be, it isn't 25 June. I suspect August at the earliest.

9. Jay Blair

Jay Blair Second Unit

Julian, how 'bout a source, please. The only date I've seen is 6/25.

10. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

I wouldn't hold my breath for that European package either. Just look at the Amelie package after all.

11. Julian Lalor

12. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

TVA International who owns the Canadian rights to this title says early October. No word if this corresponds to the US Universal disc.
    Features should be locked in shortly [​IMG]

13. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

I hope to hell that some of the extensive extras from the French package make it to the Canadian/Statside version. The various docos and commentaries on the French version look very nice indeed.

Great film, BTW.

14. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

Can someone chime in and let me know if this film is a foreign film with French Audio track and if that be the case, then we will have to watch Brotherhood on DVD with U.S. subtitles on. Not too fond about this. I could deal with the U.S. dubbed version a whole lot better. Any comments?

15. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Troy,
    During it's theatrical run in the US, Brotherhood of the Wolf was shown in French with subtitles. And it did pretty well. My local theater had a warning sign up saying that it was a subtitled movie, but nobody seemed deterred by this.

16. Mikko Rasinkangas

Mikko Rasinkangas Stunt Coordinator

17. Don Peskin

Don Peskin Stunt Coordinator

I've been waiting to order this too. It was original supposed to come out 6/25 but it's not listed at dvdpricesearch.com and no online site has it, so I guess dvdfile got it wrong. I just wish these sites that announce upcoming releases would correct themselves when there is a change. For instance I'm still waiting for them to show the new release dates for Serpico and the special edition of Spy Kids.

18. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

I don't like watching a movie w/subtitles because it draws my attention away from the screen/action/story. I wish Brotherhood was a U.S. originated film and not an international type movie.

19. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

Troy, one quick comment to maybe encourage you to give WOLF a shot - some of the most amazing sequences are dialogue-free, and concentrate entirely on knockout, James Cameron-style action and ass-kicking. I saw WOLF with a packed audience at last year's Melbourne Fim Festival and the crowd was blown away. There were a bunch of sequences (folks who have seen the movie already will probably guess which scenes I'm talking about) where the crowd went absolutely nuts, hollering and cheering and having a great time. I think you'll enjoy the film regardless, but maybe the disc will have a dubbed soundtrack on it somewhere. If it does, perhaps you can sample the original-language version later once you're familiar with the storyline and know what's going on.

For what it's worth, the fact that WOLF is an 'international type movie' and not a U.S originated film has some other benefits as well. If the film was a typical Stateside blockbuster, I doubt we'd be seeing as much of Monica Belluci as we do in a couple of my favourite scenes...

20. Julian Lalor