What's new

Brotherhood of the Wolf (1 Viewer)

Joe_Mur

Auditioning
I saw this great film this weekend. I am hoping we will get the same special edition treatment that the film got in France. I believe it is a 3 disc special edition over there.

Does anyone have any idea if this will happen? I am sure it depends on how successful it is. I believe they have a blockbuster on their hands and should market it a little better and expand it slowly and let word of mouth spread.

An incredible film.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, Universal's got the U.S. rights, so who knows? They're not terribly big on 2-disc sets, let alone 3, and are probably loath to pay Canal for the rights to the extras. I wouldn't be shocked by a 2-disc SE, but I won't expect it for a foreign action movie.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Glad you liked the film. I didn't just not my taste in film. Anyway... As stated above Universal has the rights so you can bet that it will have a good special edition treatment but more and likely it is not going to be more than 1 disc. Unless they feel they need to release a P&S version along with a Widescreen version. You can probally throw the P&S version on as special content because it is a different CUT of the film. Or better yet under deleted scenes on the P&S version just show the 2 halves that are missing from the movie with a big black square in the middle. :laugh:

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Jason-

Universal and Canal are both parts of Vivendi-Universal so I don't think they would need to liscence extras to themselves, but then again with Hollywood's creative accounting, you never know.

Great flick BTW. Hope the US DVD's good.

- Guy

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
I'd love it if all the extras made it to the Region 1 release, but if the disc is bare-bones, I won't be surprised.

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
I have the region 2 edition and it is a 2 disc set. The DTS track is incredible.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Is the movie dubbed theatrically? I understand it's originally in French, so I'd prefer to see it with subtitles.

Mike Russell

Agent
I didn't really dig on this flick. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't what i was expecting. I am a big horror movie buff, and i like a lot of gore. This Just wasn't much of a horror movie IMO. All the reviews i read said it was a creepy horror/action/kung fu flick. Did native americans have a martial art? I would be interested in seeing a director's cut or some deleted scenes. What kind of animal was the under the armor? A lion? I wish we could have seen it more up close.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
I have this movie also on dvd from France.
It is a great disc-set and has a very nice dts track on it.
I expect that Universal will release this movie with dts also because they usually do with their movies.
There is also another movie coming on March 20th in France
with Gerard Departieu in the leading role.
It is called Vidocq and I just recently saw a trailer and it looked great.
This dvd will also be in French DTS but this time it will also feature english subtitles :D
I will be buying this dvd as well and will let you know what it looks/sounds like ok ;)

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Mark,

Yes, I believe it was a lion. They never directly say but imply the fact numerous times.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
So do I understand this correctly that this movie is a french film and will not have a english language track on it when it comes to the R1 region??

Jason_S

Stunt Coordinator
Link Removed
I got mine from here. I had watched this movie four [full] times on DVD before I finally saw it in the theaters, and all I can say is that I haven't enjoyed seeing a movie that much in a movie theater in a long time.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
man I really hope they dont dub this.. grr.

but I dont care as long as the original is on there.

luke cav

Stunt Coordinator
picked up the R2 French 3XDVD boxset last year. I very impressive dvd collection, cool making of documentaries and tons of extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks