What's new

Brotherhood of the Wolf Review Online (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I also have the Universal disc so I'll be including some comments on how the two compare audio/video wise.
Well Mark, your observations here are going to determine which of the two releases I buy, so I eagerly await your report. Not that I want to put any pressure on you or anything... ;)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Well Mark, your observations here are going to determine which of the two releases I buy, so I eagerly await your report. Not that I want to put any pressure on you or anything...
I plan on buying the 3 disk Canadian version in any case. Hopefully Mark's review will make my decision a good one, so I too eagerly await his review. ;)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Mark should have his review up in the next few days. I think he had to write a few other reviews first before he even got to start watching the set.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Mark should have his review up in the next few days. I think he had to write a few other reviews first before he even got to start watching the set.
Good things come to those who wait. And as Matt said yeah I did have to finish one other review first. I've now begun to comb through the massive amount of stuff on BOTW and will have the review up as quickly as possible. However I'm not the world's fastest reviewer on the planet. I do think the final product will be worth the wait.

M.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Mark,

Just for a quick reference, would you say that the image quality of the US release is enough of an improvement to warrant purchasing instead of the 3 disc set?

Thanks,
Dave

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I haven't compared them yet.
In all honesty, I haven't even seen the film (on DVD) yet. I've started going through the extras though :)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I have heard that my 3-disc SE has shipped from Canada, but I still don't know what I'll be seeing. Still patiently waiting for Mark's review/comparison.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I have heard that my 3-disc SE has shipped from Canada, but I still don't know what I'll be seeing. Still patiently waiting for Mark's review/comparison.
It's coming.. The middle of my week is usually spend at advance theaterical screenings which I have to attend for various purposes.

This week there was three I had to go to including one on Tuesday morning so I'm a bit behind. I've gotten through most of the bonus material now though.

Speaking of which the deleted scenes are presented differently on the US and Canadian discs. The US disc is one big 40 minute program with no chapter stops whereas the Canadian disc has everything encoded as one big 40 minute clip but allows you to select scenes based on Chapters. The deleted scenes are in good shape too. I just finished watching 4 of the 6 deleted scenes.

Anyways, I have to head out to school. I'm going to try and cut out a little early today to come home and do some more work on the review though.

Soon.. I promise. Maybe tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks