What's new

Brotherhood of the Wolf Review Online (1 Viewer)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
From the end of the review:
...and the cover:
I gather that this is the same Universal US release that Ron reviewed. I haven't found a single Canadian review yet.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
The Canadian disc isn't done being replicated yet. The studio itself doesn't even have discs 2 and 3 yet. I am told that I should have one within the next week / week and a half
TVA Films likes me :)
M.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Mark,

I hope that you post a review of the TVA version as soon as you can! It must be nice to have connections.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Wow, when did Digital Eyes start carrying Canadian releases? (or have they always carried them & I never noticed)

-Dave

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Great news, Mark! As always, I'm looking forward to your review.
Let's just say I'm both looking forward to and dreading the day when the three disc set shows up on my doorstep. Looking forward to because it's a great movie and dreading because it's three discs chocked full of hours of material to go through.

I'm not the fastest reviewer on the planet either and with school I'm super busy. Let's hope that it arrives on a day when I can just go through it. Hmm. Sick day from school perhaps?

M.

Jon Smith

Stunt Coordinator
darn, so the canadian is longer than the US DVD.

argh i dont really want to spend that much on a film like this. I havent seen it, but it doesnt sound like a masterpiece.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
It arrived..

Some quick notes. The running time indeed is 150 minutes. The packaging is a three disc keepcase. It includes a very nice looking booklet and everything about the set looks very classy. Animated Menus are presented in both English and French. Subtitles are removeable and not burned into the print.

I'll be spending the better part of my weekend going through this puppy.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I'll be checking back for Mark's review as well. Right now I am on the fence as far as which version I'll purchase...waiting to see what Mark says about image quality.

And I know it's been harped on before - but the Universal cover just sucks. Might be the first time I actually make a cover for a DVD -- such a fantastic movie deserves better cover art.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Looking forward to the review, Mark. I'll definitely be getting the 3-disc set, but I just hope the transfer is up to scratch. 'Tis a great movie, anyhow.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Quick Update (as I get yelled at to eat dinner) : I also have the Universal disc so I'll be including some comments on how the two compare audio/video wise.

Back in a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks