What's new

brotherhood of the wolf region 1 dvd???? (1 Viewer)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Will the TVA release play fine on US Region 1 players without mods or patches?

If Universal's release does indeed come without English subs, I will gladly pay more to import it from Canada.

Han

Second Unit
Anything else worth getting from Canadian web retailers in the last year or two? I haven't gotten anything since the days of "eXistenZ" and "Good Will Hunting". And, I hate wasting a shipping and handling fee on only one DVD. Though, if the news holds for the U.S. end, the Canadian 3-disc will be well worth it as a single order.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
If TVA manage to subtitle those extra-long docos featured on the 3-disc French set, they may be pleasantly surprised at the number of copies they sell to fans in the States and overseas. If any issue could benefit from (a.) an online petition, or (b.) an email address where folks could write to request that the extras be subbed, this one is it.
TVA is well aware of the number of fans interested in a feature packed edition with the extras from the UK 3 disc set and the need for English subtitles on these extras.
I've been asked (by TVA) not to release any full disc specs as they are still subject to change however I will say that the TVA is the way to go and will put the Universal release to shame.
I've deliberately dropped hints in this post but to say more would be to jeopardize my relationship with TVA and I don't want to do that.
Hold tight. You'll be impressed with the TVA specs.
Street Date for the TVA edition(s?)is 10/01 :)

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Mark,

Heh, heh. I'll take the hint. I suppose I can wait until October.

Actually finalized specs for the Canadian discs should be out in the next couple of weeks.

And now I must go into hiding again. Hopefully I never mentioned this forum to my contact or he'll be crushing my hopes of receiving a review copy right about now.

Mark

Christian R

Agent
Hey Mark - don't get into any trouble!!! But do keep us informed if you hear more regarding specs or release date.
P.S. If you get the "preview" copy invite me over!!! I'm in Vancouver too!!! Pleeeeeaaaase!!!!:D

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
What a shame that Universal is giving this a bare-bones release only. I've been spouting off about this flick for nearly six months, and knowing that Universal is sitting on the disc AND doing essentially nothing special with it is aggravating.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Ok. I doubled checked my email and apparently I can give away a bit more information.

TVA will be releasing two different editions of Brotherhood of the Wolf

A single disc and a multi disc set (note : I didn't say TWO) .. Features for both are TBA.

eric holm

Stunt Coordinator
Anything else worth getting from Canadian web retailers in the last year or two? I haven't gotten anything since the days of "eXistenZ" and "Good Will Hunting". And, I hate wasting a shipping and handling fee on only one DVD. Though, if the news holds for the U.S. end, the Canadian 3-disc will be well worth it as a single order.
I'll be taking this opportunity to finally order "Gingersnaps" or whatever the name of that was.

Veli-Matti Reitti

Stunt Coordinator
According to digitalbits the specs are:

-anamorphic widescreen video

-Dolby Digital 5.1 audio (in English and the original French)

-deleted scenes

-filmographies

-production notes

-trailers

I suppose this is the single disc version.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Mark,
You tease. Folks might want to hold off on the French set after hearing about the upcoming TVA release - the multi-disc set is NOT two discs, but could be more...
I get the picture! :) Hints or not, this is very cool news. They should sell a heap of these if all this pans out okay.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
This has also now eventually been announced in the UK.
Unfortunately like the US its a Universal release and here in the UK they even inflict rental windows on us. With a rental release date of 23rd August they then have a minimum 4 week window until retail.
Spec seems similar to US of English dub or French with English subtitles only extras are trailer and 20 min doc, therefore it looks like we will also be forced to buy the Canadian version.
See R2 Project for details
http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?se...articleId=4264

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I saw this in theaters earlier this year and was very impressed with it. I have been eagerly waiting for its release on dvd. From what I've read in this thread the US release sounds unimpressive while this Canadian TVA release seems to be much more to my liking. Can someone give me a good online site I could use to order the Canadian version? Thanks in advance.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Malcolm, that blows! Rental window?? I feel so sad for you, my English dvd friend. :frowning: I hope the trend loses steam, and doesn't take over here. :eek:

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
The Studios have rental windows across the board outside R1. It's pretty much a reflection of their contempt for foreign markets in general.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
The R1 cover is horrible - it doesn't capture the essence of the film, or it's "cool" factor.
I thought people would like to see the UK (R2) rental sleeve. My guess is that the retail version will be more or less the same.
brotherhood.jpg

As a concession to J6P, the rental VHS version will be the dubbed version!
Incidentally, I'd be happy to scan a hi-res version of the VHS cover (very similar) and email it to anyone who wants to use it as the basis for designing their own alternate sleeve (preferably someone who will make it available to other fans of the films at a site like Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks