1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Brotherhood of The Wolf - Help Required ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Boyle, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Paul Boyle

Paul Boyle Stunt Coordinator

I was so looking forward to receiving this disc & opted for the 3 disc Canadian SE which was (I thought) coming in a lovely fold out card & perspex case ... however when I opened my delivery the film (which is obviously a "version francais" as the whole insert & booklet are in French) was in what I can only describe as a very inferior (non Amaray) plastic case with two solid holders for 2 discs but the other is on a sort of insert & this drops whatever disc it is supposed to hold once you open it [​IMG]
    My question is - Is it possible to get from the distributor of the DVD (I dont mind paying for it - within reason) the nice DVD package minus the discs ? If anyone knows of a contact email or web site I'd be much obliged ...
    BTW The film is excellent & IMO well worth the effort to get the French DTS version ...
    Paul

2. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Mine was a double-door Amaray with disc 1 behind door 1 and discs 2 and 3 behind door 2. Just like the Anchor Bay 3 disc set of Suspiria. Great packaging, says I. [​IMG]
    I never knew the film was shot in digital and transfered to 35mm! Some scenes do look like a digitalic... is that a word? :b It is now! [​IMG]
    Glad your a fan of the film, Paul! [​IMG]
    Gordy

3. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

I got the same case as Gordon. It was the English sleeve, booklet and disk label / picture version. It has 3 disks and is the longer 150 min cut but seems to be the Lions Gate release (sleeve says packaging copyright Lions Gate but film TVA).
    It seems from comments on UK forums that the vf release (french version) with the French sleeve and booklet which was from TVA came in the inferior case, although from everything I have seen disk contents are identical between the 2 versions.

The packaging you describe was only available on the 3 disk Limited Edition in France and I have never seen any comments to say this would appear on the Canadian releases.
    This is now OOP so I dont think you will be able to get the packaging.

4. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

I paid £25.99 ($40.46) for my 3 disc set. But get this, I had to pay a £8.39 ($13.06) customs charge for the freakin' thing!
    That's £34.38! $53.52! [​IMG]
    Holy rip-off, Batman! [​IMG] Just as well it's a great movie with a great transfer and great extra features! [​IMG]
    What struck me about the film, is it's compassion and respect for nature. Oh, and the fight scenes were slighty brilliant too. :wink:
    Great stuff, eh Malcolm?! [​IMG]
    Gordy

5. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I rented this from BB. One thing, at times it seemed the voices didn't match up with the actors lips. But only off a little, not as much as you would have expected if it had been in French and dubbed in English. Anyone know anything about this?

6. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

7. Paul Boyle

No chance by the sound of it of getting a better case for my BOTW damn it ...
    Re the Customs issue - I got mine off DVDSoon & they put the value on the declaration as $12 (obviously a typo [​IMG])
    I have waded through most of the extras & a good few hours there are too - I was especially disappointed the deleted scene with the crow was cut out - that was soo cool [​IMG]
    Paul

8. Corey Hall

Corey Hall Agent

It looks like you clicked on the version of the movie with the (vf). I hope this helps and explains some things aboot Canadian DVD releases. From DVDSoon: http://www.dvdsoon.com/french-covers.xml

9. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

Amaray, single, double and tripple packaing are the absolute best. This is sometimes a clincher for me when buying a DVD, like Seasons 1 and 2 of Mash.

Cardboard packaging has got to go!

Jeff

10. Paul Boyle

Corey - Thanks 4 that - I dont think I ordered the v.f. of BOTW but apart from the previously described inferior case I am quite happy - It appears the "non v.f." comes in a decent Amaray (I'd settle for one of those in place of this POS I have but I was hoping to find a way to get the fold out super duper one but there seems no chance of that)
    Great film & I still havent finished watching the 2 discs of extras ... Paul

11. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

12. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Second Unit

I got mine from cd-wow.com...it's the 3 disc amaray case too - £22.00 inc p&p to the UK, so any of you guys who have paid more are being ripped off - I use Cd-wow and play.com almost exclusively as they are so cheap, they deliver within 3 days too...

M

13. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

Has anyone ordered the 3-disc from Northamericandvd.com? I hope it isn't the v.f. version!!!

14. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

Question for everyone: for those who received the English packaging version, is it bi-lingual or straight English?

15. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

English packaging version is 100% english [​IMG]
    French packaging version is 100% french

16. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

Hmmm... Northamericandvd.com told me my package was in English and French. I wonder if they mean "Le Pacte de Loupes" was in French and the rest was in English? I hope so!!! I guess I see when I get it!!