What's new

Brotherhood of The Wolf - Help Required ? (1 Viewer)

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
I was so looking forward to receiving this disc & opted for the 3 disc Canadian SE which was (I thought) coming in a lovely fold out card & perspex case ... however when I opened my delivery the film (which is obviously a "version francais" as the whole insert & booklet are in French) was in what I can only describe as a very inferior (non Amaray) plastic case with two solid holders for 2 discs but the other is on a sort of insert & this drops whatever disc it is supposed to hold once you open it :angry:
My question is - Is it possible to get from the distributor of the DVD (I dont mind paying for it - within reason) the nice DVD package minus the discs ? If anyone knows of a contact email or web site I'd be much obliged ...
BTW The film is excellent & IMO well worth the effort to get the French DTS version ...
Paul

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Mine was a double-door Amaray with disc 1 behind door 1 and discs 2 and 3 behind door 2. Just like the Anchor Bay 3 disc set of Suspiria. Great packaging, says I. :emoji_thumbsup:
I never knew the film was shot in digital and transfered to 35mm! Some scenes do look like a digitalic... is that a word? :b It is now! :D
Glad your a fan of the film, Paul! :emoji_thumbsup:
Gordy

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
I got the same case as Gordon. It was the English sleeve, booklet and disk label / picture version. It has 3 disks and is the longer 150 min cut but seems to be the Lions Gate release (sleeve says packaging copyright Lions Gate but film TVA).
It seems from comments on UK forums that the vf release (french version) with the French sleeve and booklet which was from TVA came in the inferior case, although from everything I have seen disk contents are identical between the 2 versions.

The packaging you describe was only available on the 3 disk Limited Edition in France and I have never seen any comments to say this would appear on the Canadian releases.
This is now OOP so I dont think you will be able to get the packaging.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I paid £25.99 ($40.46) for my 3 disc set. But get this, I had to pay a £8.39 ($13.06) customs charge for the freakin' thing!
That's £34.38! $53.52! :angry:
Holy rip-off, Batman! :D Just as well it's a great movie with a great transfer and great extra features! ;)
What struck me about the film, is it's compassion and respect for nature. Oh, and the fight scenes were slighty brilliant too. :wink:
Great stuff, eh Malcolm?! :)
Gordy

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I rented this from BB. One thing, at times it seemed the voices didn't match up with the actors lips. But only off a little, not as much as you would have expected if it had been in French and dubbed in English. Anyone know anything about this?

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
I paid £25.99 ($40.46) for my 3 disc set. But get this, I had to pay a £8.39 ($13.06) customs charge for the freakin' thing!
Gordon I used Movietyme so was £24.99 with no customs risk as they reship in UK. I was not keen on getting direct from Canada because of all the confusion on the differnt versions.
Customs do seem to be taking more notice on orders over the £17.99 tax free limit. If you want to buy direct from Canada you could try someone like DVDSoon who put on custosm friendly values on the declaration :)
Agree the film is superb. Will be watching the extras this weekend.

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
No chance by the sound of it of getting a better case for my BOTW damn it ...
Re the Customs issue - I got mine off DVDSoon & they put the value on the declaration as $12 (obviously a typo :D)
I have waded through most of the extras & a good few hours there are too - I was especially disappointed the deleted scene with the crow was cut out - that was soo cool :emoji_thumbsup:
Paul

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Amaray, single, double and tripple packaing are the absolute best. This is sometimes a clincher for me when buying a DVD, like Seasons 1 and 2 of Mash.

Cardboard packaging has got to go!

Jeff

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
Corey - Thanks 4 that - I dont think I ordered the v.f. of BOTW but apart from the previously described inferior case I am quite happy - It appears the "non v.f." comes in a decent Amaray (I'd settle for one of those in place of this POS I have but I was hoping to find a way to get the fold out super duper one but there seems no chance of that)
Great film & I still havent finished watching the 2 discs of extras ... Paul

Guy Martin

Second Unit
I never knew the film was shot in digital and transfered to 35mm! Some scenes do look like a digitalic... is that a word? It is now!
Other way around. It was shot on film and then transfered into the digital realm for post-production and color correction a la Amelie and Oh Brother Where Art Thou. This makes post-production much cheaper, allowing computer graphics to be employed with greater ease and for opticals like dissolves to be done without adding additional grain. It also allows for very precise control over color. The Oh Brother DVD has a nice little feautrette on this process, which is used more often in Europe than over here.
- Guy

Mark Anthony

Second Unit
I got mine from cd-wow.com...it's the 3 disc amaray case too - £22.00 inc p&p to the UK, so any of you guys who have paid more are being ripped off - I use Cd-wow and play.com almost exclusively as they are so cheap, they deliver within 3 days too...

M

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Has anyone ordered the 3-disc from Northamericandvd.com? I hope it isn't the v.f. version!!!

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Question for everyone: for those who received the English packaging version, is it bi-lingual or straight English?

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Hmmm... Northamericandvd.com told me my package was in English and French. I wonder if they mean "Le Pacte de Loupes" was in French and the rest was in English? I hope so!!! I guess I see when I get it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks