Brotherhood of the Wolf: Audio Options?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Martin, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

Was just wondering if anyone knew all the audio specs for both the US-only release and the Canadian release of this film.

I know both will have DD 5.1 in English and French, with subs as an option as well.

Will either version have a 2.0 audio option? Ideally, it would be French (with English subs).

I don't have a DD system, and with the incredible sound of this film, am concerned I'd have a lot of spikes and dropouts with sharp/treble-y sound.

This may be a deciding factor for me in which to purchase - if NEITHER version offers a 2.0 French with English subs as an option, I'll probably just go with the Canadian version, to get all the extras.

Thanks!

2. Shane_M

Shane_M Stunt Coordinator

I can tell you the US version does not. I currenlty have it at home. I havne't had a chance to see any specs on the Canadian version yet.

3. Luc

Luc Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone heard the English Dubbed? How is it?
    I know I know, you guys going to say what the heck do I want to do that for. I've seen it in French twice in the theater already. This movie contains heavy dialogue and I think I spent most of my time reading rather than watching, so I would like to see it in English when I purchase it.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Ron said it was horrible

Watch more subtitled movies if that's happening. I can read a subtitle in about 1/4 second

5. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

I swear subtitles aren't even an issue for me anymore. It actually feels like the characters are speaking English because I digest the subtitles so fast. I guess all my anime and old samurai movie watching has helped make me a speed reader when it comes to watching subtitled features.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John

7. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

The audio options on the Canadian disc are English DD 5.1, French DD 5.1, French DTS 5.1 and 2 audio commentaries both in French only (no subtitles)