Brotherhood of the Wolf (3 disc r1) on PS2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Rudolph, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I have the 3-disc Canadian version of Brotherhood of the Wolf and it won't play on my PS2. I just get a black screen. I get sound and can see menu highlights and can even play the movie, but it's just subs on black. I have driver 2.10.

The set works on other players. It was fine on my PC and in my Xbox. My Mac won't play it at all though. Anyone else had problems like this? Is there somewhere on the net that maintains a compatibility list? I know PS2 has problems with several movies.

2. BooneG

BooneG Stunt Coordinator

My friend had this problem. The set works fine on my PS2, not on his. Be sure to check all of your set ups. Maybe there is something wrong there.

3. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

What could it be with the set-ups? Most DVDs are fine.

4. AaronMan

AaronMan Second Unit

Aaron
    I rarely play movies on my Playstation 2. But, since I have it hooked up to my home theater, and I have the 3 disc version, I just tested it out. It seems to have trouble switching to diferent programs (copy warnings, logos, menus, etc). It blacks out a for about two or three seconds before the picture shows up. I can hear it, I just can't see it for that short period of time. Sometimes it would flash a black screen, too. The movie plays fine after that.

I have the Playstation 2 that came with Gran Tourismo 3. Hope this helps, and I hope you get it working because that's a kick ass movie!

5. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Aaron, what driver version do you have? Hit triangle on the main screen to find out.

I do have players this works in. It's just irritating as the PS2 is my primary player.

6. AaronMan

AaronMan Second Unit

Aaron
    My drivers are:

console: SCPH-35001
    browser: 1.20
    Cd player: 1.20
    Playstation: 1.10
    DVD player: 1.3OU

How do I get updates/ to these drivers?

7. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

If I remember correctly Gran Tourismo 3 does a bios update to the PS2. This maybe why it doesn't work in yours.

8. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

There's an update to the DVD drivers with the remote. I think with OPM as well.

I tried this with an earlier model of PS2 with driver 1.10U and it worked. Apparently, this is a problem introduced with the 2.10U drivers.