What's new

Brooklyn Bridge TV Series? (1 Viewer)

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Great show which has had a lot of syndication. I'm not counting on it and I'm transferring my tapes of the show from off network.

Mark Rapp

Agent
Real Name
Mark
I have them all on tape as well, but would really like them saved for posterity on DVDs... :)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Can someone refresh my memory, I know the name but I can't recall what it was about. It aired on CBS in the early-mid 90's right?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Yup - 1991-1993 to be exact. It was about a Jewish family in Brooklyn in the 1950s, told from the POV of the adolescent son. It was created by Gary David Goldberg ("Family Ties", "Spin City"), and was based on his own experiences growing up (Goldberg was born in 1944 in Brooklyn).

It was a wonderful show, well-written, gently funny, with an exceptional cast. It never took off in the ratings, however.

There were 33 episodes in total, so it's really a perfect candidate for a one-box (6 disc) DVD set, a la "Sports Night".

Mark Rapp

Agent
Real Name
Mark
Does anyone know who has the rights to this, or know of a way to contact Gary David Goldberg?

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I think it's a Paramount title. Another victim of network neglect. :frowning:

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I would buy all the episodes of this show without hestiation. I just saw the woman who played the mother on this series on another show the other day and that got me to thinking about Brooklyn Bridge. This was a great show and thought it was a tragedy that it only aired for so few episodes.

BBwatcher

Auditioning
Real Name
kay
[SIZE= larger]According to the GDG's website, it will be out March 16, 2010. Finally.
See garydavidgoldberg.com.[/SIZE]

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by MatthewA

How much non-original music was in this show? Because it will all be gone.
For those of you who don't know what Matthew is talking about, he's referring to the laziness of CBS/Paramount, when it comes to securing music rights, and I have to say that I agree with him on that.

Everytime I hear about music being edited for a TV Show DVD release released by this company, I ask myself "Does this company even remotely try"?

And I also hate it when some people, who are so quick to defend CBS say things like, "Oh, we understand, and accept it. We forgive you CBS". I'm sorry, but when the company cuts out a 30-second scene from the first episode of "Family Ties" (also a Gary David Goldberg show), something that Columbia-House had no problem with, that just shows the laziness and lack of care that CBS has to offer.

If I was in charge of securing music rights, I'd make sure to clear ALL the songs I can, unless the rights holder says "Not at any price".

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Brooklyn-Bridge-DVD-Release-Timeframe/13334

Posted a blurb about the complete series is coming in May, no word on the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks