Broken Snapper Case - How to replace it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren Lewis, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

I've just bought a second-hand DVD via mail, and the spindle of the snapper case is broken. Is there any source for replacing these snapper cases, can you take them apart?
    ------------------
    My HT My DVD Collection

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Hmmmm.
    Here's what you should NOT do:
    DON'T go buy a cheap ($10-ish) WB or other snapper-case DVD title you want to own anyway from a Mart-type store.
    DON'T switch the broken snapper from the 2nd-hand disc to the newly-bought disc by popping up the top and bottom horizontal snaps on the back.
    DON'T go back to the Mart store with your receipt and ask for an exchange on the newly bought title so you can get a snapper case in pristine condition.
    No, I would NEVER EVER advocate doing an underhanded thing like that! [​IMG]
    DAVE

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

YOu can take them apart, the unsnap very easily. On the back, top and bottom, just pull up on the plastic- you'll see.
    Send broken case to:
    Margaret Higgins
    Ivy Hill / WMS
    375 Hudson Street
    New York, NY 10014
    They will send you a new one, or two.
    -Vince
    ------------------
    http://www.musicianassist.com
    AIM: VinceMaskeeper
    Do you want SOUTH PARK on DVD in order, rather than themed sets? Join our overwhelming majority!!

4. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

5. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

Or you could get out a pair of scissors and carefully trim the cover down and put it in an Alpha or Amaray keepcase.
    I have done this with most of my Snapper DVD's and if your good and have a steady hand you will not loose any useful info from the back cover and very little if any artwork from the front...but that depends on the DVD, some I could not convert because the loss of artwork or liner notes would have been too great to justify cutting them up.
    Then again if you have no problem with Snappers then any of the two suggestions above sound good...if not totally ethical. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    -Kevin M.
    I can brave the nastiest weather, even when it's eighty below.
    My Pa was an Elephant, but that's irrelevant,
    My Ma was an Eskimo."
    - Cannibal the Musical.

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

7. Darren Lewis

Thanks Vince. I've sent her an email to ask if they will supply to the UK, or if there's a similar address in the UK.
    I did think about scanning in the cover (now that I can take off the plastic case) and printing out a duplicate copy to put into the sleeve of a "proper" keepcase. What's the difference between these Amaray and Alpha cases?
    Has anyone done this - if so what are the results like?

8. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

Yes, thank you Vince! I have a pressing of the original "Little Shop of Horrors" that I purchased a couple of days after the recall notice. It was the only copy I could find in the Greater Toronto Area, (miraculously in the mall I used to work at), and the case had been damaged by a packing knife...
    Maybe I will be able to get a replacement case. I know I have others damaged by those triple danged security labels. My take on those things, shrink wrap the product in a tough plastic... and keep the security stickers off the case. IF you really must tell a thief that the disc has security elements to it, put the sticker on the cellophane shrink wrap.
    ------------------
    "Dear Diary, My teen angst bullshit now has a body count" - Veronica Sawyer
    Lance Nichols
    The Nichols Collection, now showing.

9. Darren Lewis

I emailed Margaret Higgins with my address and she sent me out three replacement cases. Damn good service shipping all the way over to the UK [​IMG]