What's new

Broken JM Lab Subwoofer? (1 Viewer)

timelinex

Grip
Real Name
Kyle
Hmmm. Going to have to think about it. I know once I dig into it, it won't take me too long to piece everything together. But I don't currently have too much motivation to start a project like this. Infant at home is taking up alot of my free time! I'm already going to be in the attic this weekend wiring my new fiber HDMI cable to replace my last cable to my projector (4k didn't work consistently with it.)

aceinc

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Hmmm. Going to have to think about it. I know once I dig into it, it won't take me too long to piece everything together. But I don't currently have too much motivation to start a project like this. Infant at home is taking up alot of my free time! I'm already going to be in the attic this weekend wiring my new fiber HDMI cable to replace my last cable to my projector (4k didn't work consistently with it.)
So take the cheap and relatively easy way out. Buy one amplifier, cut the cabinet install it and see how it works. Probably take an hour or two to cut the cabinet. Do the second cabinet as time permits. I would think that this will keep you happy for a year or two at least.

If it works and you don't butcher the cabinet too bad, you can sell the working sub(s) in a year or two and get some/all of your money back, and buy something better.

timelinex

Grip
Real Name
Kyle
So take the cheap and relatively easy way out. Buy one amplifier, cut the cabinet install it and see how it works. Probably take an hour or two to cut the cabinet. Do the second cabinet as time permits. I would think that this will keep you happy for a year or two at least.

If it works and you don't butcher the cabinet too bad, you can sell the working sub(s) in a year or two and get some/all of your money back, and buy something better.
Very good point.

timelinex

Grip
Real Name
Kyle
Hey guys, a quick update. I haven't replaced the subs yet because I really don't want to go through the hassle to build my own. I just don't have the time lately. But at the same time I don't want to get a subpar piece of equipment, so I haven't bought anything.

My friend sent me this sub thats on sale currently:

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-115SW-Subwoofer/dp/B00NT3TANI/

Looks pretty good. It's 15", 800 watts, and the frequency range is 18Hz - 125Hz. So it doesn't seem any worse than what was offered for me to build really.

Does this seem like a good deal or am I missing something?

Last edited:

timelinex

Grip
Real Name
Kyle
Nevermind, probably gonna go for a SVS 500W 12" . Local fry's should have it for around 700 out the door and even though it's a 12" versus a 15" I have read it is spectacular. I will have to see where to go from there, but I'm hoping one will be enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks