What's new

Broken acrylic on new panasonic tc-p65vt60 (1 Viewer)

carlito71

Auditioning
Hello, I am new to the forum so I will apologize up front if I say something that sounds dumb. I recently purchased a new panasonic TC-P65VT60 and the lower acrylic piece is cracked and broken in three places. I don't know if this was done while my self and a friend were hanging it on the wall or if it was that way out of the box. Regardless panasonic and the retailer I purchased the set from refuse to do anything about it. I was wondering if anyone would know if this is a part that I could obtain from panasonic and replace my self. It is only cosmetic, but it drives me nuts, especially after I just paid $3000.00 for the TV. Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
argh, that sucks.
Contact Panasonic repair for parts ?
Perhaps apply some type of edge tape to cover it ?

carlito71

Auditioning
Thanks for the info. I never thought about edge tape. I have contacted a local repair shop, but the owner says there is no panasonic part for just the acrylic edge. It calls to replace he entire casing to the tune of 1000.00. I am definitely not going to pay that just for a cosmetic flaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks