What's new

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN ON HD DVD (1 Viewer)

Emil Stoica

Second Unit

Cees, with all respect, can not see how TrueHD accounts for the price difference. There are several other TrueHD titles (PERFECT STORM, TRAINING DAY) that have TrueHD and are no more expensive then other non-hybrid titles w/o TrueHD.

Can not see how that can be the "first" suspicion at all. That reason makes no sense.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I just got my copy today, but I will not watch it until the weekend. For what it is worth, over at AVS some people are saying spectacular and some people are saying mediocre transfer. I'll post my opinion on Monday.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I just got finished watching the first hour. Do not listen to the nay-sayers. This is a nearly perfect video transfer in every respect. Those who disagree probably did not see the movie during its theatrical run or do not understand the art of film. Just because this is a "cowboy movie" does not mean it was filmed with the same photographic techniques or materials used in The Searchers.

Universal did a great job with this disc, IMHO. If you like the movie do not hesitate to pick up the HD DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks