What's new

Broadway actors salaries?.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I took my kids to see a play this past weekend. And somehow a conversation about the performers came into what they get paid. I had no answer. Does anyone know what a performer on a Broadway show get? Not including big stars that appear. But, everyone from a lead to the supporting swing cast.

Thanks.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Equity, the stage actor’s guild (or union) sets minimum salaries. I’m not quite sure of the minimum, but I think that it is around $1,500 a week (for a Broadway production). Of course big name actors and stars make much more. Also, in general, even for less well-known actors, the larger the part, the more the actor will get paid.

Off-Broadway shows have a different scale.

Other than the minimum set by Equity, each actor gets what his agent can negotiate.

RafaelB

Second Unit
The pay scale also goes either up or down depending on the size of the House (Theatre seating capacity). I work in a regional theatre and found this out recently while having the same discussion. :)

Rafael.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I worked backstage at a Bway house for 16 years and I'm pretty sure that the equity minimum is actually the same, it doesn't matter how many seats if we're talking B'way houses. But there are MANY other variables...

but I might be wrong.

;)

Jim Sentry

Stunt Coordinator
Whatever it is it is too damn much. Why should a ticket to Broadway show cost 75-100 bucks.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Pretty much in line with other entertainment costs in the Big Apple. Concerts, major sporting events and on and on command these kind of prices.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
If you know how to shop, for most shows it doesn't.

In any case, actor's salaries aren't a big factor in driving up ticket prices. With the rare exception of a Nathan Lane or Matthew Broderick (and then only when they're together), actors on Broadway don't make big bucks.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks