What's new

Britney Spears is stacked! (The DVD, that is) (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
This is from DVDFile and I am assuming it isn't a belated April Fools Day announcement.
The announcement of the year is here! On 7/23, Paramount will debut the greatest movie of all time, Britney Spears' big-screen debut, Crossroads! Presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 surround tracks, the supplements are - seriously - incredibly extensive. Extras include "Britney's DVD Welcome," an audio commentary with producer Ann Carli, writer Shonda Rhimes and director Tamra Davis, "The Making-Of Crossroads: 40 Days with Britney" featurette, "First In Line: Inside The Crossroads' Premiere" footage, 7 deleted scenes with intros by Davis, "Break Through Britney - Fun Facts and Inside Comments from Britney" accessed during the movie, the "Overprotected" and "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman" music videos, "Sing Along with Britney" karaoke videos, the "Edit Your Own Music Video" workshop, "Taryn's T-Shirts: How to Make the T-Shirts" featurette, a photo gallery, trailers and TV spots. Retail is $29.95, and I swear to god I'm not making this up...
All I can say is this: If Paramount is devoting all this attention to Crossroads, the Indy DVDs will be the best DVDs ever! :)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Paramount is being ran by Satan with all those special features on what is the worst film of 2002 so far (Crossroads makes Rollerball look like an Oscar winner). Just to think, there are more films that deserve the special edition treatment than this one. :frowning:
Oh well, the five people who actually enjoyed the movie should enjoy the DVD. :D

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Excellent. I'll be picking this one up. I wasn't expecting more then the film and the trailer. I wish Paramount would put this much effort into more of their films but I think all the bonus material is so that Britney fans have something other then the film to watch.

Each time i see the film it gets worse but this one is definitely a guilty pleasure purchase for me.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
The only bonus feature that Apocalypse Now Redux had was the trailer. :frowning:
Good job, Paramount.

Gavin_L

Second Unit
might just have to pick up the movie for having britney in it.

thanks for the news

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Good movies can sell on the strength of the film itself. Bad movies need a little more on the DVD to get people to look at it.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I'm completely surprised that it's widescreen. I thought for sure they would try to sell this one in P&S to the mall crowd that is supposedly demanding it.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I'm completely surprised that it's widescreen. I thought for sure they would try to sell this one in P&S to the mall crowd that is supposedly demanding it.
The film is in 1.85:1 (not 2.35:1 like DVD File reported), so would there be a need for P&S? And Britney's fans watch music videos on MTV that are in widescreen, so why can't they watch a movie in widescreen?

Jakob_S

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, common guys, give Britney a break. She is beautiful and that's the only thing that matter :rolleyes

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Paramount Home Entertainment is one of the last remaining studios who support original intended aspect ratios. If they offer a open-matte or pan & scan version, they make sure they also offer a widescreen version on the same disc if possible.

Thus far...

Mission: Impossible - Letterbox and Pan & Scan

The Rugrats Movie - Letterbox and Open-Matte

Top Gun - Letterbox and Open-Matte

Charlotte's Web - Only Paramount title to have a dual release, one in 16:9 and the other in Pan & Scan.

Jimmy Nuetron: Boy Genius - 16:9 and Pan & Scan

Chris Lock

Second Unit
> The film is in 1.85:1 (not 2.35:1 like DVD File reported), so would there be a need for P&S?
There's never a need for P&S!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
binhduong2021
Recent bookmarks