What's new

British TV 50% OFF MSRP Barnes & Noble Sale (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
BARNES & NOBLE 50% off British TV sets 11/29 - 12/12

Current Coupon in Wiki of Master Coupon Thread

Hard to know about upcoming coupons anymore, but there should be some more and better store coupons on Thursday and probably next week as well.
I;ll update as needed.

For 2 weeks online and in store (through the end of business Monday 12/12) the annual 50% off MSRP sale is now underway. About 240 BD's and 2200 DVD appear to be online currently. The entire instore stock of items classified as British TV should be included. This is still a sale I buy DVDs since many of these classic series have not and likely may never be put onto BD. Due to MSRP of TV sets, these deals sometimes sound like they should be better than they are so double check other sources.

Just a few to start with
Doctor Who Christmas Specials Gift Set $29
Sherlock: Season Three $20 (Series 1 and 2 also)
Doctor Who: The Complete Ninth Series $45
Doctor Who: The Complete First Series $30
Prime Suspect: Complete Collection $60
Downton Abbey: The Complete Collection $75
Ripper Street: Season Four $17.50
Orphan Black: Season 4 $17.50
Peaky Blinders: Series Two $17.50 - let's just call this a classic British TV series that isn't for everyone
House of Cards Trilogy $25
Agatha Christie's Poirot: Complete Cases Coll $200
Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes: Complete Series $115
Murdoch Mysteries: Collection 5-8 $75
Murdoch Mysteries: Season 09 $30
Humans S1 $20
The Night Manager S1 $20.50

DVD -- be careful. Many of these have been available at very discounts on Amazon, etc and several of the series have been re-released in new packaging with drastically different MSRP than some of these sets.
Red Dwarf: the Complete Collection $100 (Amazon had this earlier this year at $45)
Absolutely Fabulous: Complete Series (Special Ed) 79.50
Allo Allo: Complete Collection $125 OOS online, but I did see this set instore last week
Foyle's War: Complete Saga $100 -- see below
Foyle's War: the Home Front Files, Sets 1-6 Series 7 and 8 are on Bluray if you prefer mixed media.
Upstairs Downstairs Ultimate Collection $100
Are You Being Served?: the Complete Collection $50
Yes Minister: the Complete Collection $30 -- got these 2 series a couple years ago and it's really hard to tell you how funny I find them esp right now
Yes Prime Miniester: The Complete Collection $25 (and yes B&N still has it Mis-spelled)

Black Adder Remastered - The Ultimate Edition $40
Fawlty Towers Complete Series $25
Miss Marple: The Complete Collection $50
Jeeves & Wooster: The Complete Collection $30
Doc Martin: Six Surly Seasons & The Movies $62.50. Season 7 was released on Bluray, but I'm unaware that 1-6 will ever get that treatment

Next BN Sales
12/13 - 12/19 -- 40% all Tv Series except Disney and British TV

12/20- 12/24 -- 40% all Bluray in store (and majority online)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
25% off Single Item
Store Coupon V7P4K8F and Online Coupon 25BNFRIENDS
This coupon is valid at BN.com from December 5, 2016 at 12:01am to December 12, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from December 8, 2016 to December 11, 2016 at close of business.

Printable 25% off Single Item

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all you do to keep us apprised of the latest B&N coupons, David. I wasn't interested in buying any British TV this go-round, but I used the 25% off coupon on another Blu-Ray today.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That coupon does expire at 2:59am ET Monday morning. I'm unsure if there will be a similar Green Monday coupons though there usually has been.

I must admit I have splurged on a lot of catchup blurays this year -- Miss Marple S1-3, Murdoch Mysteries 1-9 and the Christmas special, Wolf Hall, Bletchley Circle S1-2, Humans, Night Manager, Doc Martin 1-7 (only 7 on Bluray)

Between the Black Friday Gift Card discount promotions and Family Dollar's gift card sale the extra 15-18% discounts have felt really nice.

For those with Samsung Pay on their phones -- BN $50 Gift Card for $40 --max 2 per day through ?Christmas and $500 total
Family Dollar stores are selling BN $25 GC for 15% off ($21.25) through Monday Night 12/12. It's not quite as good as last year's 20%, but it's a downright simple way to save an extra bundle if you're going to buy sets anyway.

UPCOMING BN Sales through Christmas --
TV Series 40% Off MSRP 12/13 - 12/19 (not Disney or British TV since the 2 week 50% sale ends Monday night). I think this will involve both DVD abd BD;s in store and probably most sets online. There are sets that are WebOnly that I'm not sure if those will be included -- esp teh Warner Archive sets. Given the generally overblown MSRP of most TV sets I'm not sure how good this might be, but it may be nice for a few sets that don't usually get as much as a discount and some newer sets hopefully (Star Trek Animated and Roddenberry sets).

40% off MSRP all Blurays (not Disney/Marvel) -- 12/20 through end of business 12/24. It doesn't appear DVDs will be included in the Dec sale. This tends to be mostly an instore sale with only half to 65% of online sets being discounted. Many specialty items and brand new releases are often not discounted online. The better Coupons tend to be in-store only to drive last minute Sales, but there should be at least a couple 20% off code available.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Stopped at the local BN store today. Very disappointed with the media selection, including British TV. Most of the media room is now vinyl, with just a small selection of blu-rays and an ever-reducing selection of DVD's. I walked out without making a single purchase.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Stopped at the local BN store today. Very disappointed with the media selection, including British TV. Most of the media room is now vinyl, with just a small selection of blu-rays and an ever-reducing selection of DVD's. I walked out without making a single purchase.

Seems to be local store change -- several people have reported their store's selection to be drastically less though most haven't seen a huge change or just a slight decrease.

Vinyl certainly is the hot profit button right now. When I was in store today I saw several people buying and quite a few perusing. LPs were even spilling outside the media electronic ropes with 2 fill displays outside the media entrance -- more than one person set off the alarm going back and forth and the employees asked what were they supposed to do if those displays were inside and outside with people browsing. One guy even had a AT Turntable at the checkout.

Luckily the Movie sections hasn't suffered too much on space though it's a little less than a couple years ago though the floorspace is definitely at a premium -- not much walking around space at all with the extra display and numerous standups and almost no free wall space -- every nook had some items and some 7-8 feet up. If I had to guess, less CDs and less Blurays though still a lot of DVD. The Criterion shelves seems pretty full at least

I did several ship to home order today however -- a first for me, but was able to order items not on the shelves with my member discount and store coupons just like if I had them at the counter.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you are into that style humor I can't imagine you not liking it. It's very commonly ranked as one of the Top 5 BEst British sitcoms
Unfortunately the 50% sale is over for this year adn the 40% sale next should only be Bluray.

I've seen this set on various sites over the years for sale in the $20-25 range however which is about the best price you could get it at BN even with every coupon imaginable. BN has a 25% off Instore coupon, but I don;t think BlackAdder is on sale this week even in the 40% sale though you call to check . Amazon current $31 price would likely best it anyway

For other items -- the instore 25% off code is good through Sunday night though almost certainly there will be similar next week

www.barnesandnoble.com/promos/bn-promo.jsp?cid=98a44

Mike1955

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
If you are into that style humor I can't imagine you not liking it. It's very commonly ranked as one of the Top 5 BEst British sitcoms
Unfortunately the 50% sale is over for this year adn the 40% sale next should only be Bluray.

I've seen this set on various sites over the years for sale in the $20-25 range however which is about the best price you could get it at BN even with every coupon imaginable. BN has a 25% off Instore coupon, but I don;t think BlackAdder is on sale this week even in the 40% sale though you call to check . Amazon current $31 price would likely best it anyway

For other items -- the instore 25% off code is good through Sunday night though almost certainly there will be similar next week

www.barnesandnoble.com/promos/bn-promo.jsp?cid=98a44

Cool thanks man!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well I'll just bump last years thread. Most of the links in Post 1 are still active and I think the prices are pretty much the same since it's based off MSRP

UPDATE: report from Monday afternoon with IN-STORE signs say that the British TV Sale will run 12/1 through 12/18
Online it appears the sale is continuing without a gap.
I guess anyone in store today could check and see if the store prices have switched yet or if they'll wait until Friday and then play catch-up

The online portion seems to be active Cybermonday. Coupons seem to be active online at least for now on most of the items I checked, but many of teh bigger boxsets seem to excluded already. BN has been far more aggressive lately about restricting coupons during their big sales so I'm not sure if I'd wait. Coupons are still in the link at the top of Post 1

20% Off Single Item Online
D4M8K3B

10% off order $35-74.99, 15% off $75-149.99, and 20% off orders of $150+.
Online READMORE
Expires November 30, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

British TV 50% Off Blu-ray
50% Off British TV DVDs
I would check other sources since many of the older DVD sets have been 60-75% off (or more on clearance) in the past so even with coupons it may not be a great price

A few notable newer release items -- prices noted pre-coupon
Orphan Black Complete Series $54.99 -- not as good as the BBCShop glitch a couple months ago, but $45 after the 20% is a nice deal
Orphan Black S4 $17.49
Sherlock S1-4 + Abominable Bride $49.99
Doctor Who Complete Series 10 $42.49
The Fall Complete Series Collection 34.99
Sherlock Season 4 $22.49
Red Dwarf XII $19.99
Humans 2.0 $19.99
Ripper Street S4 $17.49

For those interested in a flyer --
George Gently Complete Series $75 --
S8 is the Final season so this should be the Final Complete set after a decade on the air. For those that have most of the other sets Series 8 standalone will also release the same day for $19.99

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Store signs say the British Sale starts in store Dec 1 and runs through 12/18, but I checked several items today and it appears everything is ringing up 50% off already. Had no problem with extra coupons either so ended up with Sherlock S4 for 16+ including my member discount -- if I didn't already have S1-3 adn Bride the Combo set would have been a better deal, but I don't really want to mess with selling the previous sets. I also got Class S1 (maybe only season) and Red Dwarf XII.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think a one day deal fo Green Monday, but a large number of the British TV sets are now 60% off.

Also GIFTS4ALL -- 20% off Your Order (no preorders). Exp 2:59am ET 12/12

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I made it to the store yesterday and picked up Dickensian, The Llving and the Dead, and The Musketeers S3 as part of the sale.

Drives me nuts, though, that so many US releases of BBC productions are only on DVD and mostly only 2.0 Stereo sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks