What's new

British Release of American Shows? (1 Viewer)

Audra R

Auditioning
I was just trying to find out when Season 4 of Will & Grace will be released, and I discovered that it's already available in the UK. Is it usual for American shows to be released in other countries well before we get them here?

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
It has been that way for awhile. They usually wait to release them here so they can still charge a bundle for syndication.

--Ian

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Yeah, sometimes we get your TV shows MUCH earlier than you do! I remember the Buffy/Angel releases coming out over here YEARS before the Region 1 release. Still I am prepared to wait for the better versions :)

You have the 5 year syndication. So it's possible you might have to wait the full 5 years since the network premiered the TV series, whilst we have it almost straight away!

Although the Region 2 Buffys are cut so I would not buy anyway.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
There is a TON of TV shows that are only available in the UK first - He-Man and She=Ra (tho She-Ra is only from france), MASK, The Real Ghostbusters, The Bionic Woman and the 6 Million Dollar man, Miami Vice, Airwolf - just to name the few that I'm keeping up on.

Up until just a bit ago, Knight Rider, the Hulk and the A-Team were only out of the UK.

All in all - just one more reason that Region Free rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks