Brite-view vs. iscan doubler.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Ho., Dec 5, 2002.

1. Rob Ho.

Rob Ho. Extra

Has anyone ever heard anything about, or used a brite-view doubler/progressive converter? I'm looking into buying one for my new ae200 projector. I am considering the iscan and the brite-view. The brite-view is cheaper and has a remote. Any thought are appreciated!
    http://www.amceasylink.com/html/brite-view.html

2. Rob Ho.

Rob Ho. Extra

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Hi Rob. I'm going to move your post over to the Display Devices fourm where it has a better chance of getting to someone who owns one of these units.

4. billy kaufmann

billy kaufmann Auditioning

sorry im no help in your efforts...but I to am looking for the better of the 2. It would appear to me that the zinwell is better as it outputs to 1080i for ypbpr...I have emailed Kevin Nakano who has reviewed both boxes last night and have had no reply yet....ill let ya know if I hear anything...

5. billy kaufmann

billy kaufmann Auditioning

and heres what he has to say

"They are two different processors. The iScan is a de-interlacer and the BriteView is a Scaler with a de-interlacer. The iScan is better for strictly deinterlacing to 480p, but the BriteView does a pretty good job also. The BriteView had some issues with the black level being on the high side. I'm not sure why this exist, but the folks at Zinwell did confirm this observation. For the money, the BriteView was impressive. The front-end of the BriteView did a better job at Y/C separation (using the 3-D comb filter) for composite inputs. The iScan did a better job at getting rid of line-to-line jitter with it's built-in TBC. Depending on your needs, both worked well. However, remember that poor video sources will not necessarily look good once they are up converted. I've had some people complain about this. Hope this helps."

billy