Briscoe County, Jr. ...?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Robert Floto, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

I just noticed that one of the Ads by Google that appear at the top of these pages listed Bruce Campbell's The Adventures of Briscoe County, Jr. on DVD and VHS.

I clicked on it, but it didn't really give me any concrete information on this series. I loved it when it was on...and since it only lasted one season, I'd definitely pick it up on DVD.

Has anyone heard any real information?

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

That's a pirate link. It's a Warner show, and I don't believe Warner has licensed any shows to outside distributors for DVD (although Columbia House did release it on VHS). And as far as I know, Warner has no plans for this.

3. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Jason is right, but I bug them about it ALL the time. I swear one day they'll give in and release it.

The number of pirated DVD sets tht show up in those Google ads is troubling. right now my screen shows Brisco and Columbo - both pirated.

Gord

4. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

Isn't spelled "Brisco" (without an 'e')? If so, then the thread title should be changed for the benefit of people using the search function.

5. Eric Meske

Eric Meske Stunt Coordinator

I would love this series to be released. One of my favorites.

6. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

If I recall, it was asked about at the last HTF WB chat and it didn't look like it was due anytime soon. We need to get TNT or TBS to start rerunning it again (and Due South) to spark interest.

7. peggy

peggy Stunt Coordinator

Gord- Please continue to bug them until they put it out, that has to be one of my all time favorite shows and it should definitely be on dvd. Bruce Campbell has such a big following that I can't believe it wouldn't be a big seller.

8. Jari

Jari Stunt Coordinator

Bruce Campbell all the way! Still waiting for this set...

9. Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh Stunt Coordinator

And for extras, they could include Brisco and Comet hosting the Fox Saturday morning shows. Dang, I'm sorry I didn't think to tape that. Comet was way cool.

I'd love to see commentary by not only Campbell, but John Pyper Ferguson - good ol' Pete, that erudite rascal with the fixation with his Piece. It's such an outrageous character, I'd love to hear what he'd have to say about playing him. And John Astin, we must have commentary from John Astin.

This was really an exceptional show that didn't find its niche by the time the plug was pulled, although to give Fox credit, they did run the entire series, and even did quite a lot of repeats, rather than cancelling it after only 4 episodes. And there was enough of a fantasy/paranormal element to it (thanks to the Orbs, etc.), that it was a pretty good companion to X-Files on Friday nights.

I have all the Columbia House tapes, and I'd buy this on DVD without a moment's hesitation - even though I'm rapidly going broke thanks to all the other shows I want coming out on DVD!