What's new

Brisco County Jr. on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
When I asked Bruce about it last year his precise answer was something like...

"Well Rob, you know... TV shows age like old fish"

:)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
"Well Rob, you know... TV shows age like old fish"
Damn good old fish, then. :D I caught the run on TNT a few years ago, and the series was still just as good as when it got canned by Fox. :angry: If any one season wonder needs to be released, this is the one...

Jason

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Per IMDB, Warner produced this show and Fox distributed it. I assume the note that Fox distributed it is simply due to the show was aired on Fox network, but maybe not.

In any case, late last year there were chats with both Warner (a group of execs) and Fox (Peter Staddon). Noone asked Warner about this show, so no idea from that quarter.

Peter Staddon of Fox was asked, though, and here's the exchange:
{AdamWM} Again, Peter, thanks for coming. FOX always delivers great DVDs. My question:
Do you know of plans to continue releasing limited editions or discontinuing exitsing special
editions of movies (i.e. Abyss or Fight Club). It is a tough situation for those new to the format.
They will lose out on a lot of great special features. Brisco County, any chance?

{peterstaddon} Any SE's we take off the market (Abyss / id4 / fight club / etc) will be brought
back from time to time. We are producing all our 2 disc SE's in Fight Club / Moulin Rouge style
digi packs. The re designs on Abyss / Cast Away / ID4 look really good. They will all be available
during the course of the year, but not neccessarily as an in line item. Brisco County is not
being worked on.
Chat date was 12/2/02...anything could have changed by now, but to my knowledge it hasn't. Both studios have their hands very full with TV-on-DVD projects at the moment.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Hey, that was my question! Cool! Still hoping for Brisco...

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd buy it. I've been thinking of digging out my VHS tapes of this, but the way I taped it makes it a pian to watch (spread out with doctor Who).

I think this is the best of the Raimie produced tv shows. they could do it in a box with Jack of all Trades, and cleopatra 2089 at the same time.:D

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
You mean Cleopatra 2525, right? (afterall, in the year 2525, they are women with the will to survive :) )

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think this is the best of the Raimie produced tv shows.
Except Raimi had nothing to do with it. Brisco was created by Jeffery Boam (Lethal Weapon 3, Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade) and Carlton Cuse (Nash Bridges, Martial Law). One of its producers, Robert McNamara, did later collaborate with Sam & Ivan Raimi on Spy Game.

Mmm, Spy Game. There's another one I'd like to see on DVD, despite its lack of recognizable stars. I don't know whether Warner or Universal would have the rights, though, since both had vanity cards on the end.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I want Brisco and Jack of all Trades too!

Cleopatra 2525 season 1 is out on dvd in R2UK for $8 each. Two volumes total.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks