What's new

Bring me the head of Edison Carter! (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Outside of the Spielberg cartoons and "Perfect Strangers", this is the WB title I want the most on DVD.

I was only 5 or 6 years old when this show was on there, and I would love to see what I missed.

I hope they'll mention this on "I Love The 80s 3-D" when it comes out this year...Maybe that might fuel interest in it again if it happens.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I do remember that they spoofed this on "Square One TV".

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
I've been waiting for Max Headroom since the days of Laserdisc. I still have the LD of the one British episode and S-VHS copies from Bravo's airing of the American series (replacing my old VHS dubs of the ABC airings). At 14 episodes it's perfect for a DVD release.

This is the kind of show DVD was made for.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
And I'm still waiting! I can't quite give up on this show. Has anyone heard any news of a DVD release? Maybe if it's ever on TV again, I'll finally buy a DVD recorder.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I should fall on the grenade for you guys. It seems that every time I buy from the UK, it gets released in the states a year later.

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Max was one of the all-time great SF TV shows! Very cool the way they integrated the coke commericals of Max into promos...far ahead of its time.

I can't understand why the WB hasn't released, or sold the rights to Shout or another indie. This would sell like hotcakes!!!

We need our Max!!!

John

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

Sorry - I dont know if my powers work in Japan, they've only been tested in the UK.

Now that's weird. It was an ITV show (I believe) and did really well over there. I wonder why they havent jumped on the M-m-max bandwagon?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I may have to just dig out my old VHS tapes if I can find them. I'm really dieing to see this show again.

I just don't get why it's not already out there on DVD or at least on the horizon. I mean, Brisco County was a real niche show, so was American Gothic. Both one season shows that got a DVD release. Granted, Max ran two seasons (sort of) but it only has a total or 14 episodes!

This show was way ahead of its time. I just wish its time would come on DVD.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Max Headroom was promoted all wrong when it came to the series. The Coke ads and videos had everyone thinking of Max Headroom as goofy weirdness. So when the series arrives, nobody is expecting a bleak world of the future. We expected fun and get Blade Runner. I've been borrowing a pal's tapes from bravo and enjoying it. But it's easy to see why the show didn't become a ratings smash.

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
I'm with Ric in needing my blipverts, and I'll help keep this thread alive until the day we see Max on DVD (HD-DVD is a pipe dream, I know).

I did get a hold of some torrents of all the episodes, but the quality, naturally, is terrible, coming from someone's VHS copies.

Does anyone know who even holds the rights to the show now?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks