Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carrol M, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Carrol M

Carrol M Stunt Coordinator

March 6th, 2001 - The last MGM chat...

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Hey, I'm waiting for this one as well. [​IMG] Bring me the Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia dvd!

3. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

4. Carrol M

Hmm...Sam Bayer (music video director) remaking a Peckinpah film...and his credintials to do this are.....
    [​IMG]

5. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Carrol, he did do a Blink 182 video, what more do you want? [​IMG]

6. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

Nothing is ever set in stone with a studio's video release schedule. My guess would be if there's gonna be a remake, then it'll come out on DVD when the remake hits theaters. Really good movie!! I caught it on TCM and they blurred up the nekkid lady in the shower scene. It was sorta funny because it looked like she was taking a hot shower and the camera was fogged up just over her naughty bits [​IMG]. Cheers.

7. Carrol M

Well, I can't knock the guy, I always loved his videos for Nirvana and Garbage, so... we'll see. I would think to remake a Peckinpah film, one would need to be an NRA card carrying member, public lush, type...with alot of inner demons. Maybe not. [​IMG]
    Carrol

8. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Um, MGM has only announced through June, that would leave half of 2002 to go.

9. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

...and with MGM releasing 20 or more titles a month, there's more than a hundred discs left for them to release in 2002. Maybe BRING ME THE HEAD will be one of those.

You have to wonder about the whole 'there's a remake coming out so we'll delay the disc till then' strategy, though. Dreck like the ROLLERBALL remake would probably drive more people to give up cinema altogether than it would to seek out the original.

10. Gavin K

Gavin K Stunt Coordinator

Escape From New York SE was supposed to be out in early 2002 as well from MGM.

You can't trust 'em until it's officially announced, and even then they can still change their mind.