What's new

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (1 Viewer)

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
March 6th, 2001 - The last MGM chat...
-MGM- Garcia is coming out in 2002.
So, what's happening with this title? Since they knew for sure it was coming out in 2002, in March of last year, I wonder why there hasn't already been an announcement.
I think most of the stuff that's due out through the summer has been anounced, has it not?
So I wonder if this title really is coming in 2002, it just seems like it's taking a LONG time to get this out.
Not to mention other catalog MGM films like Blowup and Yankee Doodle Dandy.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Hey, I'm waiting for this one as well. :frowning: Bring me the Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia dvd!

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm...Sam Bayer (music video director) remaking a Peckinpah film...and his credintials to do this are.....
:rolleyes

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Nothing is ever set in stone with a studio's video release schedule. My guess would be if there's gonna be a remake, then it'll come out on DVD when the remake hits theaters. Really good movie!! I caught it on TCM and they blurred up the nekkid lady in the shower scene. It was sorta funny because it looked like she was taking a hot shower and the camera was fogged up just over her naughty bits :laugh:. Cheers.

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I can't knock the guy, I always loved his videos for Nirvana and Garbage, so... we'll see. I would think to remake a Peckinpah film, one would need to be an NRA card carrying member, public lush, type...with alot of inner demons. Maybe not. :)
Carrol

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Um, MGM has only announced through June, that would leave half of 2002 to go.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
...and with MGM releasing 20 or more titles a month, there's more than a hundred discs left for them to release in 2002. Maybe BRING ME THE HEAD will be one of those.

You have to wonder about the whole 'there's a remake coming out so we'll delay the disc till then' strategy, though. Dreck like the ROLLERBALL remake would probably drive more people to give up cinema altogether than it would to seek out the original.

Gavin K

Stunt Coordinator
Escape From New York SE was supposed to be out in early 2002 as well from MGM.

You can't trust 'em until it's officially announced, and even then they can still change their mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks