What's new

Brightest Flat Screen (1 Viewer)

noncom23

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Hello to all. I have a very bright room, lots of sun and blinds don't really help.
Which TV would have a brighter screen to counter act a bright room?

Thanks,

Mike

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
An OLED is extremely reflective and will be hard to watch with bright lights reflecting on the screen. You would be better with a Sony Z9 or maybe a Samsung QLED. The Z9 is one of the brightest TVs available and has an amazing picture. The Samsung Q80 and Q90 are bight and very vivid and have very good anti reflective screens.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was thinking entirely about the brightness of the display, but reflectivity is an important consideration as well.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
An OLED is extremely reflective and will be hard to watch with bright lights reflecting on the screen. You would be better with a Sony Z9 or maybe a Samsung QLED. The Z9 is one of the brightest TVs available and has an amazing picture. The Samsung Q80 and Q90 are bight and very vivid and have very good anti reflective screens.

The Sony Z9D is a sure winner in brightness (75" model only, the 65" is gone). It is about a thousand Nits brighter than any current OLED.
For daytime viewing in a bright room there is no substitute, this thing is astounding. I'm still in awe at the performance of it. And it is 3D if you are a fan of that.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don’t know what your budget is but if you need to look on the more discount end of things, I’m impressed by the brightness on my TCL Series 6 screen - it’s LCD LED rather than OLED, but it’s a very bright picture. Worth at least looking at a review if you need something lower priced than an OLED.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Why is everyone misleading the member that asked for the brightest flat panel to counter act a bright room?

OLED panels don't come close in brightness to any high end LCD.
In most cases OLED sets are about half the peak brightness.

Please stop trying to confuse someone that wants an honest answer and not personal bias.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Last edited:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
OLED is best in a dim or dark room, but calling it brightest is just factually wrong.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
The New Sony ZG9 Master Series (85"/98") are the brightest on the market now... 4000nits measured by Vencent... Challenge very expensive $13K for the 85"

Although right now I think it might be my next TV. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks