What's new

Bright in the Center then gets darker as you move out! (1 Viewer)

Matthew Harwell

Auditioning
I have a question about my new Sd533 that was just delivered yesterday. I am noticing that the center of my screen is brighter than the edges and corners. Does anyone know what might be causing that? It seems to me that the brightness of the picture should be even throughout. You can see it the most when there is a solid colored backgroud as I just noticed on a commercial that displayed a solid blue background and it was pretty evident. I am not trying to nit-pick but I don't have any experience with RPTV's and if this isn't normal then I don't want to get stuck with lemmon.
Thanks,
Matt
confused.gif

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Matthew,
This phenomenon is called "hot spotting" and is normal on all rptvs. It should not be too obvious if the set is adjusted properly.
Have you turned contrast down at all or is it still at the factory default setting?
Typically, an rptv's contrast should be turned down to 40% or less to minimize hotspotting and give a better picture.
If you have a dvd player, I'd strongly suggest you get a copy of the AVIA or Video Essentials disc and use it to adjust the video controls on your set.
------------------
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks