Bridging & Sub Connection

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stasulos, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Stasulos

Stasulos Stunt Coordinator

I've got a sub-amplifier that has high voltage stereo inputs, but no outputs. Can I connect it in a following way: connect sub to L&R front outputs on the receiver and connect L&R front speakers to the same outputs on the receiver? If not, what is the best way to connect the stuff?

Question 2: I've got another alternative for the amplifier - a stereo amplifier. If I connect it the same way as above and then just bridge the fron L&R to the sub, will that make my two front channels effectively one? Will I loose the stereo there?

Thanks

2. Lee Petty

Lee Petty Stunt Coordinator

i think if you try bridging a stereo amp (not a car audio amp) you will probably fry it.
    home theater receivers and such are usually only designed to handle a certain load, per output.

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Stasulos,

Your post makes no sense – perhaps that’s why you aren’t getting much help here. For instance:

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John

5. Robert Sun

Robert Sun Agent

Stasulos,

I have a Sound Dynamics RTS 1000 powered subwoofer that also has only speaker level inputs but no outputs also. I connect it up to my reciever in the way you described. Run speaker wire from the front L&R outputs in the receiver to the high level inputs into the subwoofer. I found that it blends better this way. My crossover is set to 60 and the amp speaker size to Large mains.