What's new

Bridge On The River Kwai (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
All I can say is that it looks very, very good - at least to my eyes. This is on a 128" screen so I can get critical quite easily. Very good detail and color. The soundtrack was a welcome improvement too - more noticeable detail and openness - the many jungle scenes really come across. The part with the bats flying around was always a favorite part of the movie for me and wonderful to see in HD. I don't think most of you will be disappointed! The filtered day for night scenes in particular had a nice depth to them that really helped this film look great. A definite thumbs up to Sony for doing a wonderful job on this release.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I guess everyone is waiting for an official review - I have to say I was unsure about what I was going to see while the opening credits were rolling as the image was good but a bit rough looking. However, as soon as the first scene appeared it was evident one was in for a real treat, it's always amazing the details and textures that manifest themselves on a well done blu ray. I know I will be watching it again this weekend. One of the Special Features - Crossing the Bridge Picture-in-Graphics track was interesting, I only saw the first few minutes though. The movie themed background graphics changed each time some fact came up, and while this was going on the film played in a smaller 16x9 widow. It seems the screen would go blank and the sound would cut out as it automatically went from the information presented then to the film itself and back again when they wanted to present something. I wonder if it was my player, as it was not a very smooth transition from one to the other. Guess I'll find out when others check it out. They also showed still images in hd from the film while William Holden narrated it's premiere on another feature. The case itself is half again the thickness of say a WB digibook such as Dr. Zhivago or A Star Is Born and a bit taller for those of you that are running out of space!

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Well, I realized I got it a bit early, guess I thought there would be more discussion. I could always try for a screen shot but they still never capture what you see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks