Bridge on the River Kwai out of print?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul-Gunther, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Paul-Gunther

Paul-Gunther Stunt Coordinator

I did a search and didn't see anything about this.

Does anyone know if Bridge on the River Kwai is out of print? I know the two-disc version was supposed to be limited, but I'm also having trouble finding the single-disc version. Could Columbia be planning a Superbit or something?

2. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I see about ten copies of the single-disc every time I visit my local Best Buy, so that's definitely in print. The two-discer can be hard to find in stores, but it's easily found on the internet. Just go to www.dvdpricesearch.com and search for it.

3. Bill J

Bill J Producer

I'm not sure if they are out of print, but Amazon.com has both up for sale and the limited edition is only 2 dollars more than the single disc. I have also been seeing numerous copies of the single disc version in several of my local stores.

If you haven't had any luck at your local stores, you may want to try ordering online.

4. DeanR

DeanR Second Unit

Dean
    I have the 2 disc limited edition unopened if you are interested in buying it. Let me know.

5. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

I believe the initial 2-disc edition (in hard "book" case) is out of print and was replaced by the same discs packaged in a slim Gladiator style double case.

6. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

I see tons of copies at my local Best Buy, including the limited edition 2 disc set.