Brick&Mortar HD-DVD rentals?

MarkMac

Stunt Coordinator
I did a little searching, but I didn't find much info. I know I can rent via Netflix or Blockbuster online, but are there any Brick&Mortar stores offering HD-DVD rentals, yet?

Locally, here in Chicagoland, neither Blockbuster nor Hollywood Video are carrying them.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I have asked at a few places here in my small burg and they have all said no. They say because it's only, at best, going to be a niche market and the quality difference is too negligible.
Too bad these people have formed opinions only after watching the in-store demo's for a minute or two.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Local BB here said they want to wait until there is one format....wise move I'd say.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Which probably won't happen for a long time - so they won't sell much.

Cees

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I think Tim Glover said his Blockbuster might be getting HD discs soon, but things will certainly vary based on whether or not your local store is a franchise store or not.

MarkMac

Stunt Coordinator

I'm not saying I prefer brick&mortar, but I didn't have a membership with Netflix or BB online, and I was hoping to try out an HD-DVD this past weekend. (Plus I have my 40 free rentals from Blockbuster, and I was hoping to use that toward my HD-DVD rentals.)

As that didn't seem possible (other than purchasing), I signed up for Netflix, and my first four HD-DVDs should be arriving today. I was just hoping to put the new player through it's paces sooner than this.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ

I see....well I think you'll be quite happy with the value you get out of your Netflix subscription. I've been a customer for four years and would feel lost w/out it.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NC_Mike