What's new

Brian's Song (1 Viewer)

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I disagree. No mashed potatoes on the chair while Piccolo sings the Wake Forest fight song.

Other than a more realistic look at the ravages of cancer, I don't think the new one added anything to the original. Put me in the category of "why did they bother?"

Rob

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Rob, I did not mean to imply that the new one was as good or better; we agree that the James Caan, Billy Dee Williams version was far superior. I was just pointing out that I still got all leaky near the end. Sympathetic echo?

My thoughts on the same script came during the Hallas-is-deaf-in-one-ear gag. From my memory of the original, it seemed word-for-word.

The cancer treatment scenes were more detailed and gripping. I don't remember learning as much about the spread of the cancer throughout his body.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
http://www.cbfans.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=687
Please click on above URL
David Tolsky
PS: The deaf ear thing was ALMOST word for word but in the first movie, Coach Halas never sat down at his desk and said, "Don't believe everything Piccolo tells you" In the '71 version, Coach Halas barks something like, "Sayers, what the hell is the matter with you? and Gale realizes that he'd been had. Much more effective in '71 version. The first version was hands down better and I don't see why they even bothered with this remake. That comes from a die-hard Bears fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks