What's new

Brian Wilson On Tour DVD-Wow! (1 Viewer)

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
Just wanted to give a quick review of this fantastic dvd that was just released recently. If you are a fan of Brian Wilson or the Beach Boys this is certainly a dvd worth checking out. I was amazed at the sound quality, particulary in DTS which I prefer. Brian really pours his soul out in this sincere documentary of his recent touring. You can see how much he is really enjoying himself performing for an audience which is something he used to not enjoy. The love between him and the audience and friends is so evident and the selection of songs is really good. There are interviews with Neil Young and Pete Townshend among others. I liked this dvd much better than the recent Beach Boys Good Timin' dvd that also came out recently. The band that Brian has assembled for the tour is really enthusiastic and talented. Check this one out.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
"Maybe the Beach Boys have got you now, with those waves singing "Caroline"
Rollin' down that empty ocean road - gettin' to the surf on time

- Neil Young, 'Long May You Run'

My friend at work told me about this DVD and he said that it's awesome. I'm a big Beach Boys fan, but I am an even bigger Neil Young fan and so I just gotta get this one! :D

Cheers, Matt!

Long may you run! :emoji_thumbsup:

Gordy

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I've been waiting for this. Brian's recent live albums have been incredible so I figured this would be great as well.

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the Pet Sounds tour a few years ago - incredible! Thanks for the good word on this DVD.

Slightly off topic, but not too far - I've been wondering about the quality of the recent re-release of "Brian Wilson - I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" (put out semi-recently by Artisan, and paired up with "Beach Boys - An American Band"). I've heard rumors that the quality isn't very good, but I don't know if that's true or not. Should I continue searching for the OOP original DVD, or just pick this one up?

Thanks

JiM T

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
Jim,
I saw the Brian Wilson/Beach Boys dvd by Artisan in the store the other day but I did not get it. I also would like to know how this one sounds.

Mark:F

Stunt Coordinator
Matthew,
Was checking your threads, nice to see all those Brian Wilson fans out there...I'm sure you've all seen it, but if not the Imagination video is amazing...not sure if it's on DVD.

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
I think the Your Imigination release is out on dvd. I have the DTS CD and it sounds really nice. The Brian Wilson on Tour DVD is really great also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks